Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

I feel like that tiny hole in the top of the 360 isn't big enough to hatch 18 chicks. How many chicks have you hatched successfully in any one batch?

I feel like that tiny hole in the top of the 360 isn't big enough to hatch 18 chicks. How many chicks have you hatched successfully in any one batch?

I've done plenty of full hatches. There are also little overflow holes in the base that second as extra ventilation.

Ok so I have had issues keeping my temp up at 99.5 the past few intubations I have done. First time thought maybe my govee was off so tried to calibrate it again but still was a tad low this time so I bumped up the incubator temp but then temps were a bit high so figured around 99 was better than 100 or so (it was around 99 last time and they all hatched on time).

My problem is today was lockdown. So got it all set and temp was way down even after giving it time to go back up. So a few hours ago, maybe 4-5 hrs by now, I bumped the temp up .5. Well just checked my govee and it says it is still only 97.3 in there. I know over the summer it dropped during lockdown but not this low. Should I bump it up more or just leave it? I have to run my incubator at 100.5 to get it to be 99.5 (been that way from day 1), but I have it set at 101 right now.... Don't want to delay or kill them from being cold but don't want to cook them either if it is my govee messing up.

If it happened last time and they hatched fine, I would leave it. The temp is typically taken from the top of the egg and I feel like this a few people mentioned this about lockdown before. I have almost wondered if NR360 has some secret setting that lowers the temps slightly at lockdown, lol.
There are some hatching tutorials where they suggest lowering the temp at hatch to 98F anyway (though I've never done this) so it doesn't sound like your temps are concerning.
If you just filled it with water and the water was cool, it will also lower the temp until the incubator warms it.

Doing my first hatch of the year! I still haven’t been able to accurately calibrate any of my digital thermometers, so I just put my Govee in there and it’s averaging 98.4 the last hour. If I remember it was slightly under 99.5 last year too. I tried putting a few digital ones in ice water in baggies, but it didn’t work. I squeezed 28 eggs in, and put the 6 smallest on the middle spaces kind of tilted down (they were about 50g, about a medium size, and they squished in there just fine!). I watched the first two turns, and everything rotated! Woohoo! I am assuming some of my eggs won’t be fertile, so I should be able to lay everything flat by day 5 I think. I’m off of work this week, so I can keep an eye on things and hand-rotate if needed, but it doesn’t look like I need to so far!

Doing my first hatch of the year! I still haven’t been able to accurately calibrate any of my digital thermometers, so I just put my Govee in there and it’s averaging 98.4 the last hour. If I remember it was slightly under 99.5 last year too. I tried putting a few digital ones in ice water in baggies, but it didn’t work. I squeezed 28 eggs in, and put the 6 smallest on the middle spaces kind of tilted down (they were about 50g, about a medium size, and they squished in there just fine!). I watched the first two turns, and everything rotated! Woohoo! I am assuming some of my eggs won’t be fertile, so I should be able to lay everything flat by day 5 I think. I’m off of work this week, so I can keep an eye on things and hand-rotate if needed, but it doesn’t look like I need to so far!

Fingers crossed for a great hatch!

so excited for you but you set them about 6 days too early (we won't be exact hatch date buddies. LOL). How did you set them that they ALL rotate??????? I ordered 18 eggs, not sure if she will send 18 or add a couple extras. And I want to add some of mine to check for fertility. I would LOVE to be able to get 28 in that they ALL rotate with out me having to remember to rotate them a few times a day for the first 4-5 days till I remove obvious clears.....

so excited for you but you set them about 6 days too early (we won't be exact hatch date buddies. LOL). How did you set them that they ALL rotate??????? I ordered 18 eggs, not sure if she will send 18 or add a couple extras. And I want to add some of mine to check for fertility. I would LOVE to be able to get 28 in that they ALL rotate with out me having to remember to rotate them a few times a day for the first 4-5 days till I remove obvious clears.....
So those 6 spots that are like triangles between the first & second row…I put 6 eggs pointy side in, slightly tilted, in those spots. I had to shuffle things around and get the 6 smallest eggs (there were some large ones in the batch & there’s no way it would’ve worked if I didn’t have a couple small ones (they were 48-52g). Since this is my first time hatching w my eggs, I have no idea how many roosters are doing the job, so I wanted to be full in case there’s a ton of infertiles. One boy moved in with our older flock, and I don’t know if they are squatting for him or not. Or how many girls they are covering/prefer. Last year I used those egg carton cutouts so I could keep the saddled eggs upright, but there is no saddling with this group so jamming them in seemed to work ok for now. I had to set them this weekend so I would have time for the hatch then clean before the Easter HAL! 😊 I will probably rearrange the inner & outer eggs a bit for the first few days anyways, so they’ll get hand moved in addition to the jumbling up from the turner.

So those 6 spots that are like triangles between the first & second row…I put 6 eggs pointy side in, slightly tilted, in those spots. I had to shuffle things around and get the 6 smallest eggs (there were some large ones in the batch & there’s no way it would’ve worked if I didn’t have a couple small ones (they were 48-52g). Since this is my first time hatching w my eggs, I have no idea how many roosters are doing the job, so I wanted to be full in case there’s a ton of infertiles. One boy moved in with our older flock, and I don’t know if they are squatting for him or not. Or how many girls they are covering/prefer. Last year I used those egg carton cutouts so I could keep the saddled eggs upright, but there is no saddling with this group so jamming them in seemed to work ok for now. I had to set them this weekend so I would have time for the hatch then clean before the Easter HAL! 😊 I will probably rearrange the inner & outer eggs a bit for the first few days anyways, so they’ll get hand moved in addition to the jumbling up from the turner.
Thanks. I remember your egg carton hack and have used it a couple times this year when hatching for the other guy since the fertility hasn't been great so try to get as many in as I can. I have 2 roos and 19 girls (only 12 are laying right now) but my fertility was horrible last year so not sure how it will be this year but wanted to try some of my eggs to see. I know my younger guy mostly mates with the younger girls. I saw my "older" guy mating for the first time in a while yesterday (maybe winter or molting or I just didn't see it). But 80% of my flock including the roos have MAJOR fluffy butts so not sure how fertility is.... maybe I will try your trick this time depending on size of eggs I have..... right now I have some med size but they are ROUND so not sure how that will work. LOL If not I will do the egg cartons.

I should have had my shipped come sooner so I could have joined the Easter HAL. But last year with out even trying my eggs hatched (and either day before or after) on June 18, July 18, and Aug 18...... So when I was ordering the eggs I was planning on doing them so they hatched around March 11, but then noticed the 18th was on a Sat so just HAD to set my eggs to hatch then to keep up with that. haahaa!!!!!!

Thanks. I remember your egg carton hack and have used it a couple times this year when hatching for the other guy since the fertility hasn't been great so try to get as many in as I can. I have 2 roos and 19 girls (only 12 are laying right now) but my fertility was horrible last year so not sure how it will be this year but wanted to try some of my eggs to see. I know my younger guy mostly mates with the younger girls. I saw my "older" guy mating for the first time in a while yesterday (maybe winter or molting or I just didn't see it). But 80% of my flock including the roos have MAJOR fluffy butts so not sure how fertility is.... maybe I will try your trick this time depending on size of eggs I have..... right now I have some med size but they are ROUND so not sure how that will work. LOL If not I will do the egg cartons.

I should have had my shipped come sooner so I could have joined the Easter HAL. But last year with out even trying my eggs hatched (and either day before or after) on June 18, July 18, and Aug 18...... So when I was ordering the eggs I was planning on doing them so they hatched around March 11, but then noticed the 18th was on a Sat so just HAD to set my eggs to hatch then to keep up with that. haahaa!!!!!!
I do adjust them every few hours or so since they tend to get a little stuck after a few turns, but at least they are totally not moving. Worked perfectly since I am off this week, so adjust in the morning, mid-day, dinner time, & before bed. I should hope this won’t hurt too bad until I can wean them down a bit. No Cochin boys/fluffy roos in my group. 2 gorgeous Easter Eggers, a Barred Olive Egger & an Orpington roo. So I am hoping for a nice color variety of chicks this time!

Back
Top Bottom