Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Humidity is holding between 45% and 55% with the "shoestring" method. Ambiant humidity <10%.
100% cotton yarn in a tight single chain crochet, 3ish ft long. Soak in water, then feed through the port. Circle the base with the yarn. Leave enough yarn in the water jug to coil at the bottom. Should be fine to leave it for a few days without checking if need be.
20230316_183813.jpg

I usually rotate my eggs every day or two from inner to outer in groups, so they are never in the same place.
I did swap out an egg or two. I've got 2 eggs that look more developed before they died. I'm wondering if those are the 2 I moved into the center. I didn't pay close enough attention. I should have... The only time I've ever completely filled this incubator was with Silkie eggs. Naturally they are smaller and thus have more room in the center spaces. I'm really thinking the larger eggs simply don't have enough room to roll properly. I may do another batch after this one hatches... I will be sure to turn the center eggs myself and see if the results are better.

I did swap out an egg or two. I've got 2 eggs that look more developed before they died. I'm wondering if those are the 2 I moved into the center. I didn't pay close enough attention. I should have... The only time I've ever completely filled this incubator was with Silkie eggs. Naturally they are smaller and thus have more room in the center spaces. I'm really thinking the larger eggs simply don't have enough room to roll properly. I may do another batch after this one hatches... I will be sure to turn the center eggs myself and see if the results are better.
I had trouble with I think one larger egg rolling enough - my plan is to add shelf liner during days 1-17. The auto-turner will turn just fine above it once you add it. If you're concerned about them rolling vs sliding, I'd try that. 21/24 eggs developed and hatched for me without the shelf liner - one of those I had to cull due to abdominal issues possibly caused by not getting rolled enough (egg was biggest and heavy and possibly slid instead of rolled). I couldn't say that any of my 3 dead eggs were dead because they were in the center (smaller) ring.

I had trouble with I think one larger egg rolling enough - my plan is to add shelf liner during days 1-17. The auto-turner will turn just fine above it once you add it. If you're concerned about them rolling vs sliding, I'd try that. 21/24 eggs developed and hatched for me without the shelf liner - one of those I had to cull due to abdominal issues possibly caused by not getting rolled enough (egg was biggest and heavy and possibly slid instead of rolled). I couldn't say that any of my 3 dead eggs were dead because they were in the center (smaller) ring.

I've used shelf liner for the entire incubation period and didn't seem to have any trouble with turning. There was plenty of clearance, the humidity was fine, and the air circulation was still good. I'd say the potential benefit is worth it.

I've used shelf liner for the entire incubation period and didn't seem to have any trouble with turning. There was plenty of clearance, the humidity was fine, and the air circulation was still good. I'd say the potential benefit is worth it.
that is good to know. maybe I will try that instead of having to try to get it in on lockdown day.

Back
Top Bottom