Harris Farms Nurture Right 360

I'm using it for the first time right now. Lock down starts tomorrow. My biggest gripe so far is that it is extremely hard to see the water level in the cup when adding water. It's an annoyance. We also had to wrap a towel around it to keep the humidity up to the 50%, even with the little vent window closed. That's probably a user error though I reckon.

The fact that I have an automatic humidity pump makes it better. Didn't have to try it. 😉
Not for $200 coming out of MY pocket as a hobbyist and not on a professional level.. If money is no object then sure.. :)

My ambient humidity is so high on a regular basis.. the majority of the time.. I can run it completely dry with zero water for the first 18 days.. especially if hatching brown or blue eggs.

If you haven't even tried one bator over another.. you're not even giving valid information.. it's basically hear say.. and you can say WHY you chose that one over the other.. but to claim it's better seems inaccurate at best.. it had better be more reliable, more accurate, more stability, more longevity, better hatch rates, more user friendliness, more sturdiness.. etc..

What's best is what is within ones' price range and still works well according to their needs, goals, and resources..

Besides.. give more details.. how much water did it hold, how adjustable is it, how did it effect your hatch rate, or how much time did it allege to save you? How long was the humidity sufficient during the lock down phase before adding more water and at what average ambient humidity/temp?

I mean you NO harm or ill will in asking these question or expressing my desire to get actual real information that's helpful to all. Sorry if it comes across brash or harsh as I often do. Please share your details. :oops:

The Borotto humidity pump can be bought and added to any bator for $130.. that's $70 less than $200.. My point being,, if and when you do purchase these things.. look for competitor prices..

https://www.premier1supplies.com/p/borotto-sirio-humidity-pump-for-egg-incubators

It's *usually* incubator warehouse and Amazon competing best for my online incubator business.. things keep changing rapidly though. And of course shipping cost is always a factor.. SOMETIMES shipping TIME is a factor. :cool:

Clean up after hatch is a definite factor.. I hope you catch my drift in a friendly way.. and thank you for sharing! :highfive:

2. It has a great view. All hatched chicks try to crowd towards light. When they stand up their head are touching the top if the bator. Old models cut heads in the fan a cover is now in place.. It seems tall "enough" for them, but not for me.

Just in case anyone sees this and panics, it's ONLY the very first model they ever made that had the issue with the fan and the humidity panel. I have the second version and it's still running strong after 30+ hatches.

Just in case anyone sees this and panics, it's ONLY the very first model they ever made that had the issue with the fan and the humidity panel. I have the second version and it's still running strong after 30+ hatches.
Yes, you correct. It's no longer an issue. :cool:

I thought I would just use mine, but alas placed it for sale on craigslist for $100 just today.. when candling yesterday for lock down.. my hand bumped the Cemani egg next space over which rolled out onto the oak desk and got a good crack. :barnie It was day 17, but the space was needed.. I scotch taped it and placed an order for replacement with the Genesis 1588 which I have used previously and suits my need better! Sayonara 360. :tongue

Since I mentioned both in the previous post.. incubator warehouse had the best price this time and I was able to still get my 5% rewards by using Amazon pay option! 6 days until I (almost) double my incubation capacity! :wee

Using the cheaper Janoel 12 for hatching.. keep those chick chicks coming, happy hatcher's! :jumpy:jumpy

Do you know which model was the first one? I was looking at buying a good used condition, and hope it isn't that model with the fan issue.

Do you know which model was the first one? I was looking at buying a good used condition, and hope it isn't that model with the fan issue.

If it's a dome top model then it's definitely not the first model. The first 4 models looked the same on the exterior for the most part but the fan cover looks different. The external water port would look like the version 2 port as well.

NR360 Old & New Grates.jpg
Version 2 & 3 external reservoirs.jpg

If it's a dome top model then it's definitely not the first model. The first 4 models looked the same on the exterior for the most part but the fan cover looks different. The external water port would look like the version 2 port as well.

View attachment 2530013View attachment 2530014
Thank you!!! That is extremely helpful, I wasn't having luck on google. Appreciate it!

I never realized this incubator has no sides to it!
It does seem to be the best for the money but that is a serious oversight and could have been fixed so easily by having the glass dome split in 2.

So that means the "best incubator" is even more expensive lol. I'm happy with my homemade one. I actually used the nurture right as my model

good to know one can only do 0.5 degree increments. That would put me off too.

The one thing I liked the most about this incubator was that it turns the eggs in one direction. I much prefer this to rocking it back and forth. Turning in one direction on its side would create far more "turning action" in the egg than keeping it upright and rocking it but I have never compared which produces better results. Upright uses less space but sideways is my preference.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, good info here.

I never realized this incubator has no sides to it!
It does seem to be the best for the money but that is a serious oversight and could have been fixed so easily by having the glass dome split in 2.

So that means the "best incubator" is even more expensive lol. I'm happy with my homemade one. I actually used the nurture right as my model

good to know one can only do 0.5 degree increments. That would put me off too.

The one thing I liked the most about this incubator was that it turns the eggs in one direction. I much prefer this to rocking it back and forth. Turning in one direction on its side would create far more "turning action" in the egg than keeping it upright and rocking it but I have never compared which produces better results. Upright uses less space but sideways is my preference.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, good info here.
There is a lip, I've never had an egg roll out, or a chick for that matter but when I was still figuring out the lid I did have my husband hold it open while I gathered the babies. Now I've worked out how to tilt the lid back without opening it all the way and it's much easier to do one handed now. Others have had success using the adhesive hooks and sticking them to the sides of the lid upside-down to get a better grip one handed. I was going to do that as well but I'm used to it now.

Back
Top Bottom