Harry horse & Charlie adventures! Horse chat & much more! Everyone welcome!

Take heart, you will be okay. Keep your good friends close and don't forget to breathe.... I have three that have gone, flown the coop so to speak.:( My feelings ebb and flow still after all these years. Though time did make things easier, mostly I just had to learn to get used to the silent heartbreak. Take joy in your accomplishments and be proud your son and the man he is becoming. The upswing is watching them grow still (and silently holding the safety net ;))
Glad you are getting out to ride some... or that is what I think you are saying. Your English is fabulous... mine, not so much. lol.
I'm Leslie, notorious for photos, live Hawaii and ride western pleasure/trail. DH and I have his (fjord/dun paint) and her (pintoloosa) horses ages 4 & 5. Mine being Hombre the 5yo. It has been in the 90's with no breeze and high humidity here. Lots of sweat to be had by all even in the early mornings and eves. No reprieve. DH is down, not riding for another few more months and i have been trying to stay on top (again) of Hombre. He has been a bit of a handful because of big lapses in riding due to DH's illness and life. With a snotty horse and the heat I am not enjoying things. I have him back in the round pen and arena now. Took him on the trail last Saturday and he was bad and I am sore for it. I'm determined to keep plugging away at it. He will be a good boy one day...!:thView attachment 1870448 View attachment 1870452 View attachment 1870451 I'm also helping a friend (going into surgery in a few days) with his horse Waipa- (red roan) summer itch and weekly ride. Nice to join your adventure thread.

Hi Leslie :frow
Have you cooled down there? Have you got any riding done lately?

I am still in the stage where I expect him to be here, surprised when I realize... oh yeah, he's gone! He and my hubs are very close and it is hubs who is really missing him. Luckily for me, I still have one at home, my older son. He works full time and doesn't know what he wants to do when he grows up, or if he wants to grow up :p, so there is still another body in the house, but less laundry and more leftovers! It is an adjustment.

Montana is far but it's a beautiful place, and my #2 will get to have a real winter with snow and freezing weather and everything. Oh boy, lucky him! brrrrrr

Charlie looks like he's loving life! What is that he is drinking anyway? No alcohol here until 21. Will Charlie have Keeper with him at his job?

And Lottie, so beautiful and flashy in the photo... I bet you are going to miss her too. Sharing it good, though.:)

according to Scott I’m wicked for making him wear white ears but I think he looks pretty neat!
1b75a950-dcfc-4354-854a-f47afd4830d9-jpeg.1896279
:love He kind of looks like a big bunny. :lau :oops:

Hi Leslie :frow
Have you cooled down there? Have you got any riding done lately?
Have not ridden in a few weeks but have been doing lots of groundwork. It cooled off for about a week but now we are back to hot... hot, hot, hot!!!
Look what showed up :)!! Yesterday we got to spend a little bit of our day watching the colts 1st day show. This is one of the mares we rescued and that I wanted to adopt pretty darn bad but DH was not on board with. Then he got sick and I let it go. Our trainer/friend has her and another mare, both first picks. Now DH sees what I see.
Super good mom. First colt. I do have first dibs on the colt. Like to talk DH into taking them both if friend does not breed her again.

How about you? Have you been having a good time with things?
20190901_150418 (1).jpg
20190901_150708.jpg
20190901_151710.jpg
20190901_151713.jpg

20190901_153303 (1).jpg

Wow @Wishing4Wings thats quite some hours away! Makes Charlie’s a couple of hours drive away seem nothing at all!
Are you coping ok without him at home? Sounds like he has a great roommate & fingers crossed they do get some work done!
I’m certainly not coping here! Can’t seem to snap out of it at all :( I thought I would have improved by now but I’m still missing him terribly :oops: Feeling a little lost as I’ve got no one to mother like I did him. He’s been home twice since he left, once for a family wedding and for his driving test which he unfortunately failed :hmm When he’s gone back up there it’s been a wrench. But on the plus side he his really enjoying his job and all that goes with it. Even the 5am starts & 10pm finishes! He’s especially liked his first wages being paid into the bank! But I guess I have to let go... he & Courtney are still an item and they both looked very nice for the wedding :)
View attachment 1896273
View attachment 1896298
Not sure Courtney was impressed with how much he drank at the wedding though! But you’re only young once!
View attachment 1896274

Been trying to keep busy whilst he’s not here with the animals. Got enough to go at! Got lots & lots View attachment 1896276 to fly for riding both Harry & Lottie. Been really good & kept up with the hacking Harry out. Flies have been bad when it’s been warm so I got him a fly veil and according to Scott I’m wicked for making him wear white ears but I think he looks pretty neat!
View attachment 1896279

Got another 1st in the dressage last month on Lottie which I was super pleased with & she went well. Not so good at the show though as we got a 4th & a 2nd. She was in season and not really in the right frame of mind & was a bit of a witch to be quite honest :hmm Did an in hand class too but I’m really not cut out for running anymore :old
View attachment 1896289

Last dressage & show at the end of this month then Lottie will get turned away for a couple of months then my friend will be wanting her pony back as she has now had her baby. The baby arrived a couple of week's early via emergency Caesarian. She’s had a gorgeous baby boy! Mother & baby are well now though which is a relief. She says I can carry on with the dressage & some showing next season if I want on a share basis so I might take her up on that offer as I’ve enjoyed this year far more than I thought I would!

Think that’s about it really for my news, dogs, cats, ferrets, chickens, quail & Malcolm are all good too! Plenty to keep my mind occupied here!
Just saw this! Handsome boy, lucky girl (and boy) ah to be young again!! You look good and congrats on the ribbon. Way to keep busy. I actually have to go fix fence now. DH is calling ...:tongue Catch up in a few ;)

Been having terrible trouble with vehicles on the road, so gone all out hi viz! Rug, boots and a hood for him! I’ve also got myself some new hi viz jods & gloves!
BDF5A63B-406D-4B82-B66D-E650A694821D.jpeg

CCD0C355-092B-455F-B7B0-AA5037648D4C.jpeg

I’m not that keen on the hood but for now it is ok. Harry not too impressed with it either but will quite happily wear it. Other than that all good with him as we head into winter. Getting out on him regular still whilst the weather permits!

On another note, Charlie is home! Not quite enough work to keep over the winter as they had suggested so he’s back & on the look out for temp work until he gets a keepers position. It is like a bomb site in the house! Clothes, crockery and just general mess he’s brought back with him! Whilst I haven’t missed all that I sure have missed him and it’s nice to see him regular again!

Been having terrible trouble with vehicles on the road, so gone all out hi viz! Rug, boots and a hood for him! I’ve also got myself some new hi viz jods & gloves!
View attachment 1947620

View attachment 1947621

I’m not that keen on the hood but for now it is ok. Harry not too impressed with it either but will quite happily wear it. Other than that all good with him as we head into winter. Getting out on him regular still whilst the weather permits!

On another note, Charlie is home! Not quite enough work to keep over the winter as they had suggested so he’s back & on the look out for temp work until he gets a keepers position. It is like a bomb site in the house! Clothes, crockery and just general mess he’s brought back with him! Whilst I haven’t missed all that I sure have missed him and it’s nice to see him regular again!
Very flashy! It has been busy on the roads recently. The farmers around here have been hauling maize and sugar beet. Ironically the lorry drivers are better at slowing for horses than the tractors. Has Charlie got somewhere in mind for gamekeeping? These jobs tend to be for life do don't come up to often. Maybe working for an estate like Clumber or Thoresby could be a good choice? Good luck with the housework! My kids are on half term and I have a week off. They're driving me nuts!

Back
Top Bottom