Has anyone bought a coop from this company

No the directions are NOT clear. I have put many things together and these directions leave alot to be desired. Just adding markings on the side pieces would help. That way a person knows exactly where to place them.

I bought a Chick n Hutch and the same thing happened to mine after two weeks in the rain, and I don't even have my started pullets yet. The roof pulled off in the exact same place as the one in the picture. I am not one that knows how to build anythin either, so I will be on the lookout for a wooden garden shed that I can modify. I will use my "hutch" in my barn for a sick bay.

The parts that I think are too thin are the sliding door and window. It's like particle board. Make that more sturdy, give better directions and it may be ok for a few small chickens or banties

Urk - I ordered a half-price Chick-N-Hutch from an advertiser on this site.

I haven't received it yet but now I am dismayed. I will be keeping in a carport - so there is a roof overhead and the run goes out into the yard. It won't be in the sun or rain; but it will be in the cold. Perhaps I can reinforce it with something to make it more sturdy?

I bought a Chick-n-Hutch at TSC on sale and have since taken it apart and am reinforcing it with 2x4s and 1x4s. I also raised it up so there is about a 30" tall space underneath. I am using hardware cloth to screen it and will use this as a run until the girls (2 New Hampshire Reds) get too big. I am not too good at carpentry so it is trial and error right now. Hopefully I will have a little time to add something more permanent and larger before they outgrow the run. I am also going to add wheels to make it a very portable tractor that I will move daily.

there are chicken coops and there are chicken coops - you get what you pay for - coops that are made in china are going to fall apart after a months of use - custom built chicken houses last for years.

Back
Top Bottom