Has anyone decorated the inside of their coop?** Pics added***

I am feeling so inadequate, I went with plain white interior and beige siding, easily washable and thought I had done great. My chickens see these homes and they willl leave me for sure. Great jobs! So creative.

The INSIDE of the cooop!! I can't believe how something is so obvious but I don't see it until someone else does first.

I am heading out right now to paint the topside of the enormous nest box set my husband built the other day. Tooo much fun!

BTW I love all of your creative ideas
smile.png

I'll post photos later!

darlene

lau.gif
I love the beefcake shots for the hens ! There are some colorful coops inside ! I have dressed up the outside a little bit and now i am going to have to go buy some paint to dress up the inside now...oh and some Rooster pics aka beefcake picture for the girls.
lol.png

Here is the outside...i will post inside shots when its all done.

This was before my hubby added the egg box to the side. He also added rabbit wire so the doors can stay open for constant fresh air.
23509_dsc02254.jpg

Now with egg box. Anyone want to come fancy up the inside for me?
lol.png

23509_dsc02816.jpg

Last edited:
I am so inspired! I did paint a wood sign that says Peep Town and hung it on the fence. Inside I have a Tree that I grew from a seed. In the limbs are signs. Peep's Place with an arrow underneith pointing to his hutch. the other is a Crow, saying No Old Crows allowed. I also thought I was the only one who was chicken nuts and loving it!. So I hung a wind chime in the pen so that they had melodic music to lay their eggs by. Keeps the boys settled down
gig.gif
I have two hutches. I am putting together a Batchlor pad for WillyBoy ( Mr. Peep keeps him to one side of the pen.) I had to make him an inclosed house. I got some packing crate scrap wood from Lowes free. All other materials I had. Dog cage, cinder blocks, lots of old branches. I made a roof out of the scrap stuff, no cut here. tied them together as it was temp, at this point. Lashed the wood to the cage as well as to it self. Set the cage on the cinder blocks tied in with rebar. All this is under a camo netting that has sun shade material under most of the netting.
25867_aug_2nd_09_007.jpg
Chicklette testing it out first.

Now under new construction," The Man Cave" for WillyBoy

Last edited:
My painted interior also gets the brown strips and dust. I have one of those fluffy dusters just for the coop. I know... A little OC. I'm self diagnosed.
lol.png

My floor is tile. Picked them up cheap at a discount door and more place for like $10. This protects the floor and looks great!
2 times a year my coop gets a good cleaning with a powerwasher. The paint really does protect the wood. I bought my paint on the clearance shelf at Walmart. Green, purple and they had a 5 gal bucket of white for $15. So more work in it than money.

I spend enough time out there that I want it to look welcoming and cute.
wink.png

I love everyones coops. Isn't it funny how we all have different styles and they all look great! It is giving me the idea that now my coop needs a mural and some "beefcake" pics. I can't believe that!
gig.gif
Big Morgan (my roo) is not going to like this one bit.
gig.gif

After seeing all the great paint jobs, I will start all over for WillyBoy, I just found a perfect bottom already built. I have a Half door and the other half for wood for the sides. I better start looking in my wood stuff piles. I would like to get started right now, however the heat wave in turned on. I have time to gather what I need.
25867_09_mancave_037.jpg
WillyBoys sign

Quote:
You're so right .... they ARE so different, and all of them are great!
thumbsup.gif
Let's keep this up, maybe EVERYONE will decorate their coop!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom