Has anyone ever heard of big brands MASKING their feed with different brand names?????

SunnySideUpGUAM

Songster
Jan 3, 2016
GUAM True Paradise
Hafa adai!

I'm here on Guam and we only have a few brands of feed distributed here. One of the popular brands of feed is Land O Lakes Feed Hawaiian Grain. Has anyone ever heard of or used this brand? A lot of poultry owners use it here, the thing is i can't find anything on the internet about this brand. the nutritional tags say its manufactured by Purina Animal Nutrition LLC. I've been using this brand for growing chicks and birds, but Nutrena for my layers, both with satisfactory results so i decided to switch my layers over because its more cost effective. Whats the deal with Purina masking with a different brand name?

Hafa adai!

I'm here on Guam and we only have a few brands of feed distributed here. One of the popular brands of feed is Land O Lakes Feed Hawaiian Grain. Has anyone ever heard of or used this brand? A lot of poultry owners use it here, the thing is i can't find anything on the internet about this brand. the nutritional tags say its manufactured by Purina Animal Nutrition LLC. I've been using this brand for growing chicks and birds, but Nutrena for my layers, both with satisfactory results so i decided to switch my layers over because its more cost effective. Whats the deal with Purina masking with a different brand name?

Purina isn't "masking" anything.

Land-O-Lakes owns Purina Animal Nutrition and Purina Animal Nutrition makes a lower end feed that is available to the public for Land-O-Lakes.
Land-O-Lakes Feed makes mostly higher end zoo feeds and commercial feeds. The zoo feeds are sold under the name Mazuri and Nutrazu.

With just about everything in life there are relatively few manufacturers and many brands, sometimes identical products are sold under multiple labels, sometimes they use different brand names to differentiate quality levels or some other feature.

Oh I see! okay i was just kinda weirded out cuz i couldn't find info on the internet. So am i to assume that this feed, Land o lakes Hawaiian Grain, is low end. Is it less quality then Nutrena Country feed?

Oh I see! okay i was just kinda weirded out cuz i couldn't find info on the internet. So am i to assume that this feed, Land o lakes Hawaiian Grain, is low end. Is it less quality then Nutrena Country feed?

The Mfg. is Land-O-Lakes not Land-O-Lakes Hawaiian Grain.
I would assume that Hawaiian Grain is the distributor of the feed (i.e. the feed mill that sells the feed).

Cargill owns Nutrena Feeds.
Nutrena Feeds makes a line of feed that is called Country Feed.

Both Nutrena and Purina are about the same feed both companies make low to middle end vegetarian poultry feed.

Back
Top Bottom