Has anyone ever used Petfinder?

dragonlili

Songster
12 Years
May 26, 2007
N Middle TN
Just wonerding whether anyone has ver listed a pet for adoption with Petfinder. We love our dog, she is a 1 year old Lab(AKC pedigreed, etc). My husband is self-employed and has expanded his business to 2 new locations. What that boils down to is that he is gone or just sleeping 90% of the time, and everytime someone calls in I have to pack up the kids and go and work.

After much thought and consideration I decided that maybe our Allegra would be better off with a family that could give her the time she needs. We love her but we are not dog-lovers per se, I know that she could live a wonderful life with people who are dog-crazy.

So I listed her with Petfinder's classifieds. I had one good prospect that was literally going to pick her up today but then backed out yesterday. For all I know her story/ history was a complete farce. My kids are a mess, trying to let go, then not. I am too. It's been a hard decision. So now I've relisted her and I'm getting all of these weird scam-sounding responses; people that don't appear to speak English that give few if any personal details.

Just wondering if anyone had a similar experience! Or if anyone wants to adopt a lovely Yellow Lab. Unless I keep her, I'm feeling so mentally warped!!!!!!
barnie.gif

Quote:
Hey........I just placed my Doberman through a resuce.........look up lab rescues.The one I used was using petfinder but they did the screening and talks and placing.....my dog is going to new home tomorrow.and I get to meet the people too........... just search under lab rescues.they are so helpful.and I wish you the best....

I agree about using the breed rescue service. They are the most knowledgeable and also can perhaps "foster home" your girl until she can be placed.

When I was looking for my Finnish Spitz, I worked with the FS Breed Rescue and she was very helpful.

Here's the link for the Lab Rescue group in Tennessee.

http://www.labrescuetn.com/

If you're in a different location, let me know, and I'll see if I can find another link for you.

Last edited:
Sounds to me like you should keep her and try to give her a little more attention until you find a situation you will be comfortable with her going to.

I think we are going back into our "holding pattern" with Allegra. I was hoping to re-home her for her sake, not mine.

Thanks for the info on Lab Rescue, Shari. That one was well on the other side of TN from me, the one in Middle TN is closed down. The other shelters are for abused and neglected, which my dog is neither. I think she'd be better off here at home. I was only hoping that somebody out there might reeally be wanting her. She is a very sweet girl, it's just frustrating when she gets into everything, chases the birds, etc.

Now if anyone can give me some training tactics on keeping the dog away from the chickens... actually, she has no interest in the babies (5 wks), just my big girls/guys.

Most dogs will chase just because the bird runs away. Maybe you should call the dog whisperer LOL it really does seem like a job for him though. If you love the dog as much as you sure seem to, there will be a way. I will say this, when a lab matures, it will be well worth the wait. a lab is a wonderful dog, but you have to survive the puppy stage. you have already made it through so much....hang in there. I do know someone who trained their own service dog and OMG.... he did such a good job. It is a licensed service dog now. All he says is working and its like a robot. if you want, you can email him @ [email protected] his name is ryan and you can ask him for advice. It might be hard this way as apposed to in person, but its worth a try. Tell him Wendy said to ask for advice.

Back
Top Bottom