Has anyone had luck getting true "Ameraucana" chicks from Tractor Supply?

Etorb1

Songster
Jun 24, 2020
I was at tractor supply today to purchase some cornish crosses, and they happened to have some chicks labeled as " Ameraucana. " My girls thought the idea of blue eggs was amazing so I picked up 2 to add to my flock. I am looking online and it seems most people's Ameraucana chicks from TSC turn out to be Easter eggers. I am just curious if anyone has gotten a true Ameraucana from TSC? On a side note, if my kids are interested in showing chickens down the road, is it best to buy from somewhere else? I am having doubts about the ability to know what you are getting from TSC. Thanks

I was at tractor supply today to purchase some cornish crosses, and they happened to have some chicks labeled as " Ameraucana. " My girls thought the idea of blue eggs was amazing so I picked up 2 to add to my flock. I am looking online and it seems most people's Ameraucana chicks from TSC turn out to be Easter eggers. I am just curious if anyone has gotten a true Ameraucana from TSC? On a side note, if my kids are interested in showing chickens down the road, is it best to buy from somewhere else? I am having doubts about the ability to know what you are getting from TSC. Thanks
If you paid less than $20 per chick, they were not Ameraucana. They were Easter Eggers.

The only thing you can guarantee by buying at tractor supply is that you are getting a bird lol Any store these days sells "ameraucana's" are selling Easter eggers ,the only way you're going to find a true Ameraucana is from an actual qualified breeder.

Thanks for the input. I kind of thought as much. They are still cute, and hopefully we will get some colored eggs.

Back
Top Bottom