Has anyone had sucess with GF using these feeders

titp

Hatching
Oct 12, 2023
I bought a bunch of these feeders as they really work well for the chickens, no mess, easy to control etc.

I made a feeder for the guineas using a 5 gallon bucket but they dont touch it at all.
The same food is visible, I've tried raising the bucket etc.
I can only think its because they are dumb as rocks - sorry :)

Has anyone else had any sucess with these please

feeder.png

I bought a bunch of these feeders as they really work well for the chickens, no mess, easy to control etc.

I made a feeder for the guineas using a 5 gallon bucket but they dont touch it at all.

View attachment 3661111
Eventually they should use them. It isn't because they are dumb. It is because their instincts don't tolerate change well. Until you get them used to using the new feeders, set their previous feeder back up right next to the new feeder.

People have had guinea fowl stop drinking just by switching to a different color waterer.

Eventually they should use them. It isn't because they are dumb. It is because their instincts don't tolerate change well. Until you get them used to using the new feeders, set their previous feeder back up right next to the new feeder.

People have had guinea fowl stop drinking just by switching to a different color waterer.
thanks, that what I did initially, I'll bear with it

View attachment 3661111
I used something similar and they took right to it, but that was the feeder they had when I moved them to the adult coop.

I did have good luck changing their waterers from a cup type to nipple type this month: they figured that out with a minimum of fuss.

They do tend to freak out over random changes: I had put some plastic slotted tiles out in the spring to try & re-grow some grass without them eating the seeds before it grew. The chickens didn't seem to mind but the guineas wouldn't step on it. Most flew over the "danger zone" but a third of them wouldn't enter the coop at all and would try to sleep on the roof. Things went back to normal when I gave up and removed the offending tiles.

I used something similar and they took right to it, but that was the feeder they had when I moved them to the adult coop.

I did have good luck changing their waterers from a cup type to nipple type this month: they figured that out with a minimum of fuss.

They do tend to freak out over random changes: I had put some plastic slotted tiles out in the spring to try & re-grow some grass without them eating the seeds before it grew. The chickens didn't seem to mind but the guineas wouldn't step on it. Most flew over the "danger zone" but a third of them wouldn't enter the coop at all and would try to sleep on the roof. Things went back to normal when I gave up and removed the offending tiles.
we introduced a long mirror a weeek ago which is still freaking them out. they like it but sometimes they go crazy at their reflections

I have this random art print that I have on my back porch for want of anywhere else to put it, and for a while they would show up so some of them could stare at it.

1697738613328.png

Back
Top Bottom