Has anyone here Killed/butchered and processed there own Chickens?

Whether it's worth having a special crate just for the purpose would depend on how often you need to use it, and what your other options are.

You could use a dog crate, or a rabbit cage, or a plastic bin with hardware cloth on top, or even a box with some air holes. There are lots of options to contain chickens for a few hours.
I catch my chickens at night and put them in a pet cage, I leave them in the cage for a day to empty their craw. The door of the cage swing outward, so I need to guard it while I catch one to process, sometimes they barrage me and escape. The cage is 3 feet wide x 4 feet long x 3 feet high.

I think the cage on Amazon has a sliding lid on top and the height of the cage makes it easier to catch the chicken.

I catch my chickens at night and put them in a pet cage, I leave them in the cage for a day to empty their craw. The door of the cage swing outward, so I need to guard it while I catch one to process, sometimes they barrage me and escape. The cage is 3 feet wide x 4 feet long x 3 feet high.

I think the cage on Amazon has a sliding lid on top and the height of the cage makes it easier to catch the chicken.
I understand your reasons--I just don't like that the cage is only a foot high. For an hour or two, I have no issue--but longer seems like factory farm conditions. Yours will only have the one bad day.

True that but I just use meat cleaver to take there heads off! Much faster View attachment 3044228
You get too much black on the bone when you cut Thier heads off. Kosher method is best they bleed out while passed out and most importantly no blood on the bone. You've worked so hard on raising them, you deserve the best quality meat.

You get too much black on the bone when you cut Thier heads off. Kosher method is best they bleed out while passed out and most importantly no blood on the bone. You've worked so hard on raising them, you deserve the best quality meat.
Im not really picky about if blood get on my bone! The supermarkets train us consumers to to think like that! And I see what your saying! But I just be hungry!:drool:lol:

Back
Top Bottom