Has anyone left their chicks at 55% humidity during lock-down?

Kramspott

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 28, 2010
Coming up on day #18 for some 9 eggs entering a staggered hatch.

4 eggs need to go Saturday to the second incubator waiting in the wings which is purring @ 99.5 and 72-75% humidity for the last 4 days before the switch.

My question is, the current incubator with the nine eggs has been running like a champ at 50-55% humidity all week.

I opened the second incubator and even though my gauges are correct it was 'thick' in there at 75% humidity even with the fan blowing.

Thoughts?

idunno.gif

Coming up on day #18 for some 9 eggs entering a staggered hatch.

4 eggs need to go Saturday to the second incubator waiting in the wings which is purring @ 99.5 and 72-75% humidity for the last 4 days before the switch.

My question is, the current incubator with the nine eggs has been running like a champ at 50-55% humidity all week.

I opened the second incubator and even though my gauges are correct it was 'thick' in there at 75% humidity even with the fan blowing.

Thoughts?

take out some water or open the vents. the fan actually helps rise humidity.

I leave mine around 60% when hatching. Once the first chick hatches, it naturally raises the humidity.

I have hatched many chicks at that humidity. My last hatch I did a dry hatch from start to finish and they did great.

Back
Top Bottom