Has anyone made tomato butter?

hu.gif
Not even a hard time?

I behave periodically all through the year... Been known to make it two days in a row but that is rare.

The bread, tomato butter and a nice cheese would make an awesome gift basket. You could do a little recipe book for those challenged on the horse dover making.

I would slice the bread, butter and toast it, spread a little tomato butter on, then some cheese and run it back in the oven for a minute. Oh! and olives, it would be very good with some olives.

All that might clash with the cinnamon and allspice, I would go very light on all those spices. More garlic and pepper for me. : )

Last edited:
lol.png
I believe Adults over the age of 35 {ahem} do not have to meet the Daily Be Good requirement.
We can buy our own gifts, right?

I am with you on limiting the allspice, in fact I am not a fan so may omit it altogether.
Greek cooking often marries cinnamon with tomato so that will stay - but lightly as well.

Your horsy doover idea sounds yum-a-licious.
Olives....drool.... : 9------
If I am able to get things done I could very well include an index card with the recipe for the tomato butter as well as a suggestion for serving like that.

Back
Top Bottom