Has anyone ordered from Texas Poultry before?

Quote:
I don't know, but I'm guessing Texas.
lau.gif
Sorry, I couldn't resist. LOL.

I sent them an email, because I am in Texas and I am curious too. I will post if they get back to me.

ChickenJones

I did a phone number search and it came up as Rockport. WAY to far for either of us to want to drive.
sad.png

Thanks for the pics.
I have a few ? s.... The blk is it a lang. or jg or something else? You get what you ordered? No odd balls, or replacements and not tell you Like one of the others said? Nice birds.

I talked to the Guy from Texas Poultry a long time ago and their farm is located near Elgin which is east of Austin on Hwy 290. At least it was when I talked to him, nice guy though.

I contacted Texas Poultry to find out if they breed their own birds or drop ship from other hatcheries. This was their reply:
"Thank you for looking at our auctions on Eggbid.com or our website. We sell poultry retail and have them dropshipped from different hatcheries.

Based on their selection of birds, it looks like they drop ship from SEVERAL hatcheries.

Sandhill is the only one that I know has Blue JG's and Blue Langshans.
So where would they get them if not from Sandhill? That is 2 of the breeds on top of my list. That is the main reason I was checking up on them. Also if from diff. breeders/hatcheries you might have better chance on getting diff. bloodlines.? At least I would think so. I know where to get some eggs for BJG but my first batch is not done. I also lost so far 7 out of 15 and 2 -4 more not sure about. So I 'm looking for chicks. Till I can get this hatching thing in order. Can not afford to pay the high prices on eggs and lose 50% or more. I'm going to hatch out my own till I know what I'm doing wrong/right. Thanks for all the imput from everyone. I hope it helped out more people then just me.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I got everything I ordered, the extras I got was a Turken roo, Australorp roo and the prettiest white Ameracauna roo. I ordered very specifically what I wanted, I ordered 4 breeds and was very happy with what I got. They are all healthy and lay very well. The roos I got all match he pullets I ordered. Now this was the first time I ordered so maybe they were very nice.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom