Has anyone ordered Salmon Favorelles Lately?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by PineBurrowPeeps, Feb 11, 2009.

1. I'm looking to buy at least 10 Salmon Favorelles... In fact, I placed an order with Cackle Hatchery this morning for them... And then had to cancel it because I got my invoice and my ship date was in May! I can't be starting layer chicks in mid-May... So I figured I'd ask here if anyone had bought any recently and got a relatively soon shipping date? Like within a month?

2. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    I ordered mine from Ideal about a month ago but they won't be sent till April 22 ship date.
    I just ordered 5 girls. Stormy

3. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Pineburrowpeeps, Just wondering how come ,and ive heard several people say that they won't order chicks later on in the year, why is that, will they not ever lay many eggs or something or is it that you won't get eggs till the following spring, Im new to this and just trying to understand the reasoning? Is april a bad time to start layers? Thanks Stormy

4. I think it's just typical to start chicks in early spring and have them starting to lay by fall...
    In my case I have customers who are ordering eggs, and the order amount are exceeding the output of my current flock, thus I need to expand ASAP. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  5. RendonRoo

RendonRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    ft. worth
    I ordered a mix that hopefully has salmon faverolles included. They are due in the morning. I placed my order with Ideal about 3 wks ago. I'm new but will let you know if i got s.f. chicks.

6. sarahs31

sarahs31 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2008
    Waukesha, WI
    I purchased mine from Privett Hatchery and was very happy with them. Very healthy and oh so cute!

7. GardeNerd

GardeNerd Chillin' With My Peeps

We ordered from Welp. Although from what I read, they might be shipped out of Privett; I'll let you know when they arrive. They had Salmon Faverolles available for our Feb. ship date when we placed it at the beginning of January. However there was only one SF in the order.

8. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Privett does show that they have them and are not sold out. Doesn't show available dates though. Privett is where all of our feed/farm stores get their chicks and they've been healthy and hardy for us.

eta you might call www.mypetchicken.com to see where they're at with availability also. Good luck!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  9. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    i have some coming next week from Murray McMurray. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by