Has anyone ordered Salmon Favorelles Lately?

PineBurrowPeeps

Eye see you...
11 Years
May 17, 2008
Here, there, and everywhere...
I'm looking to buy at least 10 Salmon Favorelles... In fact, I placed an order with Cackle Hatchery this morning for them... And then had to cancel it because I got my invoice and my ship date was in May! I can't be starting layer chicks in mid-May... So I figured I'd ask here if anyone had bought any recently and got a relatively soon shipping date? Like within a month?

Pineburrowpeeps, Just wondering how come ,and ive heard several people say that they won't order chicks later on in the year, why is that, will they not ever lay many eggs or something or is it that you won't get eggs till the following spring, Im new to this and just trying to understand the reasoning? Is april a bad time to start layers? Thanks Stormy

I think it's just typical to start chicks in early spring and have them starting to lay by fall...
In my case I have customers who are ordering eggs, and the order amount are exceeding the output of my current flock, thus I need to expand ASAP.
wink.png

Last edited:
I ordered a mix that hopefully has salmon faverolles included. They are due in the morning. I placed my order with Ideal about 3 wks ago. I'm new but will let you know if i got s.f. chicks.

We ordered from Welp. Although from what I read, they might be shipped out of Privett; I'll let you know when they arrive. They had Salmon Faverolles available for our Feb. ship date when we placed it at the beginning of January. However there was only one SF in the order.

Privett does show that they have them and are not sold out. Doesn't show available dates though. Privett is where all of our feed/farm stores get their chicks and they've been healthy and hardy for us.

eta you might call www.mypetchicken.com to see where they're at with availability also. Good luck!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom