Has anyone seen green seed like things before?

Silkiesonly

In the Brooder
May 16, 2023
My 2 yr old silkie woke up yesterday with a soft puffy crop. The morning before it was empty. I didn’t feed her yesterday, gave her some coconut oil & a massaged 4-5 times. It seemed to go down, she would drink more water and it would puff again. This morning (24 hrs no food) it big, puffy and soft. She pooped after each massage, overnight and after this mornings massage, hasn’t had any antibiotics. The day before she woke up puffy, I think she may have not eaten in between her morning feed at 8am until around 4pm, then may have gorged, not sure though.

The green seed like things in her poop are consistent in size, squishy soft but stay intact and the poop seems mucousy.

I was planning on deworming for winter now but am hesitant. Whats my next step? ive prepared cinnamon, cayenne and ginger w lemon juice but haven’t given her yet. Also was considering a crop flush. She seems better after massages. Started hard boiled egg yolk with kefir by syringe.

Attachments

• IMG_1539.jpeg
    IMG_1539.jpeg
    420.5 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
My 2 yr old silkie woke up yesterday with a soft puffy crop. The morning before it was empty. I didn’t feed her yesterday, gave her some coconut oil & a massaged 4-5 times. It seemed to go down, she would drink more water and it would puff again. This morning (24 hrs no food) it big, puffy and soft. She pooped after each massage, overnight and after this mornings massage, hasn’t had any antibiotics. The day before she woke up puffy, I think she may have not eaten in between her morning feed at 8am until around 4pm, then may have gorged, not sure though.
The green seed like things in her poop are squishy soft but stay intact and the poop seems mucousy.
I was planning on deworming for winter now but am hesitant. Whats my next step? ive prepared cinnamon, cayenne and ginger w lemon juice but haven’t given her yet. Also was considering a crop flush. She seems better after massages.
Also I don’t smell any sourness, am wondering if I do, is that what I would use?

Attachments

• IMG_1541.jpeg
    IMG_1541.jpeg
    415.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1540.jpeg
    IMG_1540.jpeg
    457.9 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom