Has anyone tried this?

horselover1999

Songster
May 2, 2015
Oklahoma
I was at my state FFA agriscience fair. One of the projects was "does the rate of egg laying increase to different types of music." The group that layed the most eggs was jazz music. Since chicks are precocial, would this increase the hatch rate? I might try this as an agriscience fair project this year.

I haven't done any experiments like that, but it sounds interesting! My chickens have their own radio that plays at all times, and I will say jazz is one of the genres they seem to enjoy most(along with bright classical and rock, haha).

I was at my state FFA agriscience fair. One of the projects was "does the rate of egg laying increase to different types of music." The group that layed the most eggs was jazz music. Since chicks are precocial, would this increase the hatch rate? I might try this as an agriscience fair project this year.

Experiments have been conducted or hatching success and sounds, but as far as i know the best hatching success is when chick noises was played to the pipping chicks.

My mom was asking if I could do anything with hatching eggs for my FFA project. I remembered the egg laying project and wondered if that could be used for hatching eggs. My FFA advisor said that the music and hens project was done almost every year so it had to be different. I just can't find any information on it. I have 6 bantam barred rock eggs on day 4 right now. I just candled them and saw 6 heartbeats! I am so excited!

thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom