Has anyone used the "Eglu" or "Eglu Cube" for a coop?

I have a blue eglu and really like it. There are some new posts about it on my blog www.exhibitionpoultry.wordpress.com

I recomend it more than anything else, can never really beak but I did take my run off of the eglu coop and I lost the stuff to atach it and the clips broke after a few years.

cool.png

I have an original Eglu and I LOVE it. Here are a couple of shots of both.

The Eglu before the girls arrived.
OrangeEgluakaTruveysNorth-1.jpg

The Eglu looking a bit like an igloo during a tough New England winter..........
155.jpg

My new cube, just waiting to be moved to our new home before attaching the run.
6c682100.jpg

Last edited:
lol.png
Oh that is great to find someone who actually has these. Ok, re; the cube here is my BIG question.. that gang plank looks like it is hanging in thin air and also like it would be slippery. I use my "ark" for sick chickens, setting ducks, and baby chicks - it doesn't look like they could make it up.

any thoughts on this?

The ladder does just sort of stop, but it is rather close to the ground, the ladder itself had little raised dots (egg shaped) for traction. I'll try and get some close up shots in the light of day on Sunday. I'll also measure the opening.
I know of some folks on OmletUK who keep Buff Orpingtons in the cube and they fit through the door just fine. I haven't yet moved my girls into the cube, that won't happen until the attached run arrives.

For sick or injured chickens/duck, I would suggest the original eglu (which has no ladder) vs the cube. Until recently I was planning on keeping the original for that purpose after the cube arrived.

Check out the OmletUK forum @ www.omlet.com

Last edited:
Hi did you get any of the close up pics yet? I'm still considering the cube.. plus.. how big is the entrance hole.. I have some big cochins.

I was looking at it but for the price, I just bought some tools, jigsaw and drill, and built one from used wood. I didn't even know if I'd like chickens so I didn't want to get a big expensive coop. If you can afford it and don't have the time or energy for building your own, I think it's a great coop.

Back
Top Bottom