Hatch-a-long! ~ Anyone setting 8JAN-15JAN??

I set a few eggs on January 2. I haven't used my incubator for a few months and wanted to test it to make sure it still worked ok before I bought some eggs this spring. Well my last golden Coturnix quail hen died suddenly so I took the last dozen eggs she laid and decided to try out my incubator. I have her very lonely mate in a cage in my living room so I'm keeping my fingers crossed I get at least one chick. The eggs were a bit old before I set them because I stopped collecting them a few weeks prior to her death. If not, at least I know the incubator works still and will buy more eggs when the weather gets warmer.

I set a few eggs on January 2. I haven't used my incubator for a few months and wanted to test it to make sure it still worked ok before I bought some eggs this spring. Well my last golden Coturnix quail hen died suddenly so I took the last dozen eggs she laid and decided to try out my incubator. I have her very lonely mate in a cage in my living room so I'm keeping my fingers crossed I get at least one chick. The eggs were a bit old before I set them because I stopped collecting them a few weeks prior to her death. If not, at least I know the incubator works still and will buy more eggs when the weather gets warmer.
Welcome! Good luck with your eggs. I figure you still have a decent chance, especially if people can hatch store bought eggs!

These are my eggs! The hens in the mix are EE, OE, Blue, Black, White Ameraucana, and a mix of Marans. They are in with Black Ameracuana, Black and Blue Copper Maran, and an EE roo.
big_smile.png

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

I just put into the incubator 13 buckeyes. This will my 4th hatching this fall/winter. I had two silkies to go broody so have 3 month old silkies, 7 buckeyes, more buckeyes under a broody, and more into the bator today. Never had a hen to go broody in the winter before. I love using broodies!

So many different breeds! I wish I had more to hatch, just the australorps for me but I can't wait for hatch!! I candled and numbered all of my eggs today and saw veins in all 18! Or at least I think a couple were darker shells and harder to see through but I didnt see anything that looked like blood rings or anything so i'm very excited!
celebrate.gif

My eggs are set! 20 hours resting and now to cookin! :D I will keep the turner off another three days or so then kick it on.

Now the waiting begins...:rolleyes:

Sarah- Be careful what you wish for! There's another lady who put 92 in her bator and now 86 are about to hatch! She has no clue what she is going to do with that many babies! You wouldn't want to be completely overrun with chickies would you? :D

Back
Top Bottom