Hatch-a-long due Jan 31st 2022!!!

GottaChicken452

Chirping
Jan 12, 2022
I decided to start 2022 with hatching. I picked up some eggs from a nearby farm and set them on Jan 10! It's a barnyard mix of olive eggers and blueish eggers and BCM all fathered by a BCM! Maybe even a possible Frizzle... I've never had one so that will be fun.
Thought I would add some other genetics into my mix. I decided in 3 day candling. I'm always nervous about opening it up too much. And I moved it from where I have hatched in the past. Though now DH doesn't notice its running again... so that's good right. First picture is Day 3
IMG_4628.jpg

Second picture is Day 6... though I don't believe it is the same egg.
IMG_4678.jpg

The BCMs are too hard to see into, the B is a blue egg.
It also might be time to get a candler...
Thanks for joining me.. I really hope they turn out.
Oh, I'm running a GQF 2370 Hova-Bater and there is a total of 36 eggs on a IncuTurn turner...

Great! Love your choices. I'll be doing olive eggers later in the year. I'm 3 days behind you with all midget chicks.
Nice! I am nervous because I've moved it. Couldn't help but peek at a couple tonight. Not sure why but it seems hot on one side and cool on the other. (Not too crazy but..) 🤷🏼‍♀️ pretty sure they will hatch a few but a couple bring dirty ones seem to be slowly down... I think I'll be pulling a bunch, though I really hate doing that too soon.
What kind of chick's? Lol I have found I love the process.. now I just have to remember I can't keep them all!!!

Day 9! I'm finding the BCMs and darker olives too dark to candle. The littles are really moving around. I can see how it would be hard to be an ultrasound tech!! I tried my best to get some good ones. They look small and then they turn and suddenly look bigger, but trying to capture that is hard!!! Maybe on day 12!! It will start to be harder to sneak off..😁
IMG_4746(1).jpg
IMG_4748.jpg
IMG_4744.jpg

Back
Top Bottom