"Hatch a Long" Setting eggs June 7th

How do I post a video? Looks like one of the chick's may be a dark brahma. All black with black beak and legs and pretty sure the feet are feathered. Still pretty wet and they fogged up he dome!

My first hatching experience!

0.jpg

And here are the 4 babies! The second from the left I had to assist this morning after it had sat for 14 hours with it's beak sticking thru a dime size hole and obviously struggling. Looks like a Dark Brahma. The black one also have feathered feet. The other two are barnyard mixes but the one on the left I am certain was sired by the cream crested legbar. He/she has a little top knot!

OMG how kewl is that! I am envious as I won't be able to watch the hatching since they will be under a hen! I have watched with parrots hatching and assisted/hand fed many many years ago-what a miracle! And its so neat you caught it on film. (I am sneaking on here at work LOL so finally was able to watch the entire video)

Here's my broody with some of her 7 chicks
1f423.png
they're all between 1 and 8 days old
1f60d.png

They've been out in the garden all day, and they follow her everywhere! Ohh they're so cute

Adorable! I can't wait for some....one week to go! I ended up with flooding in my coop from the worst spring for rain ever, and have to get that taken care of today. And still trying to get my broody situation sorted out. I have 4 hens on eggs in a brooder area that is 4 x 4 and its too crowded s hoping to be able to transfer them into rabbit cages successfully today. Plus a banty in the min coop that I want to also separate without disturbing any of them too much. Crossing my fingers and heading out here.

Thanks for sharing all the pics and videos!

Just noticed this thread... We set our eggs on June 7th as well! 16 black australorp (shipped), 6 RIR (local), and 1 yokohama (local). Tossed out 7 on day 10 candling, 12 are looking alive and well and 4 I can't really tell. Hatch day should be next Saturday (eek, just one week to go!), but had some low temp issues the first week so I'm thinking it might be a bit late. This is a first for us... first incubating/hatching and first chickens. Picking up some brooding supplies this week, my kids are so excited for hatch day (and me too!)!

Emo For some reason its not allowing me to edit and add you to my first post. I will keep trying. Meanwhile COngrats on the setting!! We should be hatching the same day!!! :-D

Back
Top Bottom