Hatch-a-long starting 29th of November

Quote:
WHAT IS THE BEDDING YOU HAVE THEM ON?

I'm not quail lady...but know that she uses equine pine pellets...they clean easy and gives the chicks a good footing that helps against splay legs...I also like them because they also break down quickly and go into the compost...Quail lady will say they smell good too....

Hope this helps

Congrats on your hatch rate too!

Last edited:
Quote:

I'm not quail lady...but know that she uses equine pine pellets...they clean easy and gives the chicks a good footing that helps against splay legs...I also like them because they also break down quickly and go into the compost...Quail lady will say they smell good too....

Hope this helps

Haha! You said it how I would! If it wasn't for Shelleyd2008 I would still be buying the yesterday's news at petco and spending a ton of money that could be going somewhere else!
The equine pellets are great!!!

Still no pips, I did check my incubator temps since its digital, I checked it with my new thermometer / hyrgometer that I just picked up and its only reading 96-97 degrees at the eggs, not sure if its right but I dont think I want to turn it up because I dont want it to be too hot due to the new thermometer being wrong.

Quote:
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
for babies!
celebrate.gif

They will feel like 180 when it's time to clean brooders.
gig.gif

Quote:

Hope this helps

from the picture those look really large, are they just being used in a certain area or how do you set feeder or water on those?

Back
Top Bottom