Hatch Always Late?

sayrenity

In the Brooder
Jan 21, 2017
Hi all,
I've been lurking for a long time, but this is my first post.

I have a small Yosoo incubator and have only been hatching eggs for a few months now (I'm on my third hatch). My question is this: My eggs ALWAYS hatch late. The first hatch had one at 23 days and 2 at 24 days (Ameraucanas). My current hatch is on day 22, but these are Seramas, so I was under the impression that they would hatch a little earlier. So far, I've only got one pip out of 15 eggs and that was almost 12 hours ago, with no progress to zip.
The built in thermometer says 38.5 degrees celcius, and my second thermometer reads 99.9F.
I'm also only getting about a 50% hatch rate. Am I doing something wrong? Should I turn the heat up higher? The humidity is at 65% currently.
I only opened the incubator a few times during the incubation period to add water and twice to candle, and I didn't leave it open long. It hasn't been opened for the last 6 days.

Thanks!

Delayed hatch usually means temp is a little on the cool side. Humidity seems a little high unless your in lockdown. Which you are.

If your going to do another batch raise it .5 to 1 degree hotter and see how they do.

During incubation what do you keep you humidity at?

I try to keep mine 20 to 40 percent. Basically dry. I don't add water. Until lockdown then I jump humidity to 70 plus.

Since I've gone too this type of incubation my hatch rates went from 50 percent to almost 90 percent.

This was what worked for me after a lot of trial and error.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom