HATCH COMPLETE! I have 15 beautiful Delaware chicks.

OMG, OMG, OMG, OOOHHHHHHHH!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

After the 1st candling, I decided NOT to get a different candler...I was just going to be very patient and give it a few more days. But today....

on a whim, I decided to candle the Delaware eggs again. Since I couldn't see anything 2 days ago, I didn't think I'd see anything today. WRONG!
duc.gif

Out of 25 eggs total, 23 have embryos and veining!
clap.gif
Even the 2 cracked ones are developing!
yippiechickie.gif
So development right now stands at: 23 Dellies, 5 Delahorns (that's mine and Miss_Jayne's name for this new breed of Delaware/Leghorn cross
wink.png
)

I am sooooo happy with csibb's packaging, and I'm super impressed with UPS for shipping. I've NEVER had such great results in any eggs I've had shipped Priority USPS. I'll never use USPS again for shipped eggs, ever!

i agree...i will only get shipped eggs if the shipper uses UPS or FED EX from now on. the price was very good for overnight service.

we'll see soon with a comparison here in my bator to what you have, Shelley.

this is going to be a neat trial. so happy that you had that much success already.

c'mon little eggs!

Delahoooooorns!

Today is day 5. It was just amazing how vivid the embryos and veining were today, compared to not being able to really see anything 2 days ago.

And Miss_Jayne, I'm so happy that we're getting to share this experience together...NOW THAT YOU'VE GOT A BRAND NEW BATOR! YIPPEEEEEEE! I know you're going to have great success with yours too...I can feel it!

Quote:
How did you get so lucky. I wish mine would shut up. Maybe he is just bragging about how he is getting the Welsummer girls ready to make fertile eggs for ShelleyB. Those Welsummer eggs sure are beautiful.

Last edited:
Oh good I'm so glad!!!
thumbsup.gif
I hope they all make it! And miss_jayne i hope you have as good of luck with yours!. I must say I did even impress myself with my packing Idea, I think I will be going that route from now on.

Thanks Girls!
hugs.gif

Quote:
Maybe he is just bragging about how he is getting the Welsummer girls ready to make fertile eggs for ShelleyB.

Opa, you just let him keep on a crowin'! Talk to those ladies, Mr. Welsummer! Talk to 'em!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom