Hatch date 4/25/16, anyone getting eggs?

I have a small flock of Harlequins that are nearly 30wks. now with no signs of laying! So, of course, I searched here on BYC for an answer & found this thread. Since its early January and bitter cold outside, I'm gonna wait a bit longer before I worry anymore. However, I decided I had better post here since it seems almost everyone who has gets eggs shortly thereafter! So, hopefully I will post tomorrow that my girls started, too!
fl.gif
Hasnt worked for me yet...
roll.png

But
welcome-byc.gif
and this thread too!

Hasnt worked for me yet...:rolleyes:
But :welcome  and this thread too!

Yeah, sorry Bills vs Beaks, I did notice that, part of why I said "Almost" everyone who has posted here ;) And Thanks for the welcome, I am glad to be here!

An interesting side note, I also have a trio of Golden Cuckoo Marans that have not been laying eggs for weeks! They have been isolated in a breeding pen in the barn since a few weeks ago (So that I can start hatching some lil' Cuckoo birds from their eggs:). However, there have been NO eggs! I was beginning to think that I just got poor laying stock and shouldn't want to reproduce those genetics, when it dawned on me...they're in the middle pen that gets no direct sunlight! So I moved them to a spot with direct light and when I went out to close everyone up last night... I FOUND A GOLDEN CUCKOO EGG!!! Hmmm, is it 'cause I posted in this lucky laying thread yesterday :rolleyes:

Obviously, lighting was the answer for my Marans, but my Ducks are outside in direct sunlight all day long...makes me wonder, what's their excuse?!

Oh shucks I completely forgot about this thread. I finally got eggs from my saxonies, beginning February! Lol

Congrats! It's so exciting getting the first egg (although any other eggs are also exciting lol).

Yeah it was funny, I found a pile of eighteen eggs they had laid because I wasn't even bothering to check till spring lol

Yeah it was funny, I found a pile of eighteen eggs they had laid because I wasn't even bothering to check till spring lol

Your lucky they didn't hatch them lol...... I always find piles of eggs too late, when they have already hatched!

I wish they did hatch them :lol:
But the weather was cold out, so all the eggs were still edible! That was cool

Back
Top Bottom