Hatch date for Rouen eggs

Zelda2121

Chirping
Apr 13, 2017
Hi. I am incubating 11 of my Rouen’s eggs. It is day 27 out of 28. My temperature is 37.0 Celcius and my humidity is at 52%. I was told lockdown happened on the 25th day of incubating. I’m still seeing movement from at least 8. It’s very hard to see because it is all black and covered in veins. I like candling at night. Could some be asleep? Also is it okay if they pip early or later than the hatch date? Thank you so much!

It is fine if they pip early or late- eggs hatch at their own rate. Be careful, and keep an eye of them.
Also be mindful do not help a duckling out of its egg. They NEED to absorb the yolk and blood out of the egg, and peeling the shell off of them can be dangerous. They should be out within a day, and walking within another.
Make sure your brooding area is ready as chicks should be removed from the hatching area when ready.
Also- it is likely some won't hatch. Don't get too upset.

Hi. I am incubating 11 of my Rouen’s eggs. It is day 27 out of 28. My temperature is 37.0 Celcius and my humidity is at 52%. I was told lockdown happened on the 25th day of incubating. I’m still seeing movement from at least 8. It’s very hard to see because it is all black and covered in veins. I like candling at night. Could some be asleep? Also is it okay if they pip early or later than the hatch date? Thank you so much!

These are the ones that the humidity was too high on, right? Have the air cells gotten any bigger since you started running it dry? Did you hold off adding more water on lockdown day like we talked about to help the air cells grow?

Also I remember you saying you did not see a fan in your incubator, so since it is still air, your temperature has actually been low for the entire incubation period and is still too low now. Because of this they will probably hatch late.

These are the ones that the humidity was too high on, right? Have the air cells gotten any bigger since you started running it dry? Did you hold off adding more water on lockdown day like we talked about to help the air cells grow?

Also I remember you saying you did not see a fan in your incubator, so since it is still air, your temperature has actually been low for the entire incubation period and is still too low now. Because of this they will probably hatch late.

Yes the air cells have gotten much bigger. I thought I saw one egg shake a little in the incubator, but I think it may have been me hoping. Run dry till the end then? Thank you!!

Yes the air cells have gotten much bigger. I thought I saw one egg shake a little in the incubator, but I think it may have been me hoping. Run dry till the end then? Thank you!!

If the air cells look better, I'd go ahead and boost the humidity now :) Get it to around 65% for the rest of lockdown.

If the air cells look better, I'd go ahead and boost the humidity now :) Get it to around 65% for the rest of lockdown.

Okay I'll do that immediately. I wanted to candle some of the eggs and when I picked the second up it shook the egg. Many of the eggs have huge air ells but no movement. Is it just too tight fro them to move? I'm so sorry I ask so many questions. Thank you so much!

One of the hardest things for us when we incubate eggs, is resisting the urge to open the incubator during lockdown. If you can, try your best to resist "checking" on them. Give them time even as much as 3 days after due date I have had eggs hatch.

Okay I'll do that immediately. I wanted to candle some of the eggs and when I picked the second up it shook the egg. Many of the eggs have huge air ells but no movement. Is it just too tight fro them to move? I'm so sorry I ask so many questions. Thank you so much!

They should be able to move in there :) No harm candling if you want to. I candle all the time right up to lockdown and even during it if I think the eggs might need to be assisted.

I have awesome news. I just came into the room and saw a piece of shell cracked.
They should be able to move in there :) No harm candling if you want to. I candle all the time right up to lockdown and even during it if I think the eggs might need to be assisted.

I have awesome news. I just came into the room and saw a piece of shell that has been cracked. I'll keep watching it. Thank you for all of your help!!

Back
Top Bottom