hatch date is Friday! Anyone else? IT HATCHED! PICS********

Those beauties are hard to candle.
My hubby made a 100W candler with my daughter for her 4H presentation this year.
It works pretty good on the BCM egg most of the time.
smile.png

A porous BCM egg before day 14 is very hard to see anything in.
Carolyn

Wow! Look at all the hatching buddies!
big_smile.png

We are at day 25 today (Tuesday 6/8) and when I took the eggs out of the turner this morning and 3 Guinea eggs had pipped. As of this moment 2 have hatched. Any ideas as to what I should do with the early hatches? Leave them in, take them out?

ETA: There are 15 Guinea
4 Peafowl
4 Bourbon Red Turkey eggs in the bator.

Last edited:
WOW!! Is that the only chicken that lays that dark of eggs?? Thats pretty amazing.... Im used to silkie eggs and RIR eggs because those are the only 2 I hatch. You see, the eggs Im hatching now are silkie eggs. If they were RIR eggs, I wouldnt be as paranoid and I wouldnt have thought twice on whether or not to use an egg carton! Its funny how I treat certain eggs different. These silkie eggs are soooo special. I have hatched tons of RIRs!

WOW!! Is that the only chicken that lays that dark of eggs?? Thats pretty amazing.... Im used to silkie eggs and RIR eggs because those are the only 2 I hatch. You see, the eggs Im hatching now are silkie eggs. If they were RIR eggs, I wouldnt be as paranoid and I wouldnt have thought twice on whether or not to use an egg carton! Its funny how I treat certain eggs different. These silkie eggs are soooo special. I have hatched tons of RIRs so I guess im just more comfortable with them!

Last edited:
Any news and updates on any of yall eggs? Havent heard from yall yet! Please post the results and pictures of your chicks when they hatch! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom