Hatch Date - - November 3 - -> Anybody Hatching With Me ? ?

My first ever Button quail eggs are due to hatch on 11/3!!! I'll hatch along with you everyone!!!!
wee.gif

Quote:
Is that actually possible? Chickens? What breed? In an incubator or under a broody?

clap.gif
yaaaay! babies!

Quote:
Is that actually possible? Chickens? What breed? In an incubator or under a broody?

clap.gif
yaaaay! babies!

YES - - it is possible

woot.gif
Congratulations - - Let's get the party started
woot.gif

I've had early duck hatches before as well as chicken hatches.

One of my hatches I had Coturnix quail eggs(17 days), chicken eggs(21 days, duh), Duck eggs(28 days), and Goose eggs(35 days) all set at the same time. All of my eggs hatched on day 21!!! The geese hatched on day 27!!! I've never had that happen before or since. The others must have heard the chickens pip and hatched to synchronize.

Glad to hear about your early hatchers. Best of luck to you!!!
ya.gif
jumpy.gif

I cracked an egg today while I was turning them . . . Nothing is ozzing from the egg and we are 1 week from hatching - - - what do I do? ?

For tonight, I am sticking the egg in a bowl (without a lid) and sticking it back in the incubator . . .

Quote:

clap.gif
yaaaay! babies!

they are under a broody hen they are barred rocks and rirs no babies out yet
i can hear peeping no so im getting excited

I am going into LOCK DOWN tomorrow - SUNDAY oct 31 . ..

HATCH DATE is fastly approaching . . .

Dh made me a plexi glass top for my homemade incubator so that we can watch the hatching process.

I am going to be sleeping by the cooler the next few days.

I went to the dollar store and got some zipper intimate wash bags and stacking crates to use as dividers during the process.
I have 4 different BCMs and 2 different delawares that are hatching - - - They either have different roos or different hens. I want to keep them separated and identified for future breeding issues. . .

Quote:

clap.gif
yaaaay! babies!

they are under a broody hen they are barred rocks and rirs no babies out yet
i can hear peeping no so im getting excited

Update? I hope things went OK.

I did one last candling a few days ago because I wasn't sure about a couple of eggs. Turns out they weren't developing so I pulled them out. Now I have 6. If I can get 6 babies to hatch I'll be ecstatic. Of course then I want 6 girlies, and then I'll want ....

I haven't bothered with them for several days, takes a lot of will power, in preparation for lockdown. That will be on Tuesday. Incubator has been spot on at 99.985 degrees, just a hair under 100 with about 45% humidity (just a smidge of water in the bottom).

Many of you are a few days ahead of me so I wish you all good, healthy babies soon!
love.gif

heres my update
73947_118998148160040_100001495656654_125351_2866759_n.jpg

they were all out on day 20 (october 27th) two hatched around 2pm and the other one the black one hatched around 9pm
and the guy must have given me the wrong eggs cause these arnt rirs and a barred rocks. the black one has feathered feet.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom