Hatch date of April 17th! Anybody with me?

We have a PIP!!!
ya.gif
- It's from a Blue Wheaten Ameraucana egg, and yes it is a day early!!
wee.gif
I seriously expected them to start hatching tomorrow morning.
big_smile.png

Well after the first pip it finally hatched after 17 hours. It was the first to pip and the second to hatch. We now have 3 chicks
jumpy.gif
and I lost count of the pips. One that hatched I never saw the pip on it, it just started hatching. Seems that after a few hatches the others hatch faster and easier.

There are 39 more eggs in the bator to hatch and 90% of them are pipped.

Yes, I get hyperfocused on something and I lose all track of time, so I have to use the timer or I would sit there all day and watch the babies. Which is more fun? Watching babies or cleaning the kitchen? HMMM! LOL

Hope the chicks keep pipping and a easy and smooth hatch for you all.

I have 38 B/B/S Ameraucanas that were due tomorrow, but I saw the first pip late last night and I'm up to about 30% pipped now. Still none hatched, though - they haven't even started to zip yet. They're very vocal, and I can hardly wait to see how many hatch and what they look like.
big_smile.png

yippiechickie.gif
Congrats to those with new babies and hatches on the way!!! I'm jealous!!! LOL Wish mine would hurry up and do something. So far nothing going on except my face glued to the incubator.
lol.png

Hopefully today I will start to see a pip, egg rock, or SOMETHING! Tomorrow is day 21....and it looks like they are gonna make me wait it out til then too.

Will keep ya'll posted if anything happens.....til then keeping my fingers crossed, and waiting it out. Hope all goes well with everyone's hatches going on today!!!

Last edited:
Oh, OOOPS ! Daughter woke me up this morning to tell me that the incubator was full of chicks but she could not tell how many because she could not see through the windows. I ran to the incubator the best I could in my early morning state and found that the humidity was 90%.
ep.gif
I have been working for several hours to slowly bring the humidity down without drying them too fast. I can't tell how many has hatched at this time. I will try to get them transfered to the brooder today. From what little I can tell from the small clear spot on one of the windows is there might be 8 or so still to hatch. Before I went to bed, the humidity was holding at 75%. It had been that even after 5 chicks had hatched. I did not know, or maybe I forgot that I was suppose to remove the vent plugs. This might have prevented the humidity from going so high. This is my first hatch and I am so surprised at how many have hatched. I knew I had many live chicks before lock down but never dreamed that this many would actually hatch. I guess I have read too many stories of failures.

Good luck and don't forget to pull those vent plugs after the hatching begins. I'll have to write that in my little hatching notebook.

Back
Top Bottom