Hatch failure Brinsea Max II

Chickiecurlz

In the Brooder
Apr 24, 2016
Missoula, MT
I have had fantastic hatch rates with my Brinsea Max II until this year. We had several failed hatches (at the elementary school no less ) I spent today diagnosing it and couldn't find the info online so I started from scratch. The chicks developed but never hatched. Some were underdeveloped at time of hatch and others weren't. I couldn't quite figure it out. It seemed like low temperatures, but the thermometer had always been good before. It turned out I had put the fan in upside down after cleaning. The sticker needs to not be visible (I misunderstood the directions) The temps look stable and good and humidity looks good too. I think flipping the fan messed with the sensors and I had low temps and high humidity with it upside down. Hope this helps someone else!

I have had fantastic hatch rates with my Brinsea Max II until this year. We had several failed hatches (at the elementary school no less ) I spent today diagnosing it and couldn't find the info online so I started from scratch. The chicks developed but never hatched. Some were underdeveloped at time of hatch and others weren't. I couldn't quite figure it out. It seemed like low temperatures, but the thermometer had always been good before. It turned out I had put the fan in upside down after cleaning. The sticker needs to not be visible (I misunderstood the directions) The temps look stable and good and humidity looks good too. I think flipping the fan messed with the sensors and I had low temps and high humidity with it upside down. Hope this helps someone else!
That stinks! This dose help me because I am really wanting to get one of these and now I know not to flip the fan(if that was the problem).

Back
Top Bottom