hatch problems...

sniper338

Songster
9 Years
Dec 15, 2013
San Antonio, Texas
A buddy of mine got in some jmf eggs and tried his firat go around at hatching... he only hatched 17 out of 50... and 4 died... of those four three had no use of their legs... their legs wouldnt work... he said they couldnt move at all... had no movement in their legs.... what would cause that??? 27 of the eggs werent even firtile and had no growth... robbys sending him more eggs to cover it.. no biggy... just was wondering what would cause legs not to work on chicks...

A buddy of mine got in some jmf eggs and tried his firat go around at hatching... he only hatched 17 out of 50... and 4 died... of those four three had no use of their legs... their legs wouldnt work... he said they couldnt move at all... had no movement in their legs.... what would cause that??? 27 of the eggs werent even firtile and had no growth... robbys sending him more eggs to cover it.. no biggy... just was wondering what would cause legs not to work on chicks...
Nerve damage from not drinking is the most obvious thing I can think of. Either they didn't know how, couldn't reach the water or got bullied off of it.

High heat will cause all kinds of leg and feet problems. Especially if he used a still air incubator. Most likely the bator temps were too high all during the entire cycle.

I agree that the temperature as well as humidity can be at fault here. Did he have a logbook noting all of the humidity and temperature settings in the morning and late evening? You didn't mention if it was a forced air or still air incubator, and the settings are not interchangeable.... I learned the hard way, it can be the most simple things that effect a hatch... like the mail man sticking a box of eggs into a mailbox in 75 degree heat for five or six hours, or the humidity bottomed out overnight.
James

Back
Top Bottom