1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

hatchabatch app (useful!)

Discussion in 'Quail' started by mikeh53, Feb 26, 2016.

1. mikeh53

mikeh53 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2011
    A tool that might help...

I downloaded a free app that is useful to me... Its

Bellsouth Hatchback

The App comes with a widget that puts a box on your pad desktop... or your smartphone

It keeps track of the eggs your hatching...   Including how long they have been in.  and will tell you when to do certain chores... like when to stop turning... Candeling (if you do that) and such

when you set up a hatch... (I normally have 4 120 egg trays going at a time, usual put on about 7-8 days apart (taking a break now for a month waiting for worm weather)  I rotate them, so I have room in my brooders and such... Using the app I am always on top of what's going on in my Incubator...

THE APP Reminds ma via email and on the pads desktop when I need to do something...)   and I can keep track of my hatches as to success and such...   coturnix is one of the default breed choices...(as are chickens, Ducks, Turkeys, Etc.)  but you can set up custom hatches for other quail and or other gamebird breads... 

Great helpful App!... " Bellsoft Hatchback"

2. JetCat

JetCat Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2015
    Southeast Alabama

can you confirm the app name? i get no results for Bellsoft hatchback from the apple store

EDIT: disreguard, i found it under hatchabatch

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  3. nwfl

nwfl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2011
    Northwest Florida
    This is so much better than my basic phone calendar notifications!! Helpful and fun free app, nice basic info and links, great notifcations

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by