Hatched Gosling

marls2321

Hatching
May 10, 2020
My wee gosling has just hatched out it’s egg, how long should i leave him in the incubator for? Some sites say a couple hours, others say 24 hours. It's difficult to get a straight answer as everyone has different methods. Is there anything i should be doing for the gosling or will he be fine just doing his thing?

Hi and welcome to byc!! :welcomeWhen I hatched little ones I just held them in towels and kept them warm and dried them. You can leave them in the incubator until they dry, 24 hours I think is too long

Last edited:
My wee gosling has just hatched out it’s egg, how long should i leave him in the incubator for? Some sites say a couple hours, others say 24 hours. It's difficult to get a straight answer as everyone has different methods. Is there anything i should be doing for the gosling or will he be fine just doing his thing?

Congrats! I leave mine in for thirty minutes or so then take them to a warm dry brooder. I wouldn't leave him in there for 24 hours, the main thing is you transfer them to a warm brooder without drafts.

Back
Top Bottom