Hatched my first coturnix - I'm in love

Discussion in 'Quail' started by pbjmaker, Jan 7, 2012.

1. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    I got some eggs a few weeks ago from Ftmeyersquaillady - or however you spell it [​IMG] and 8 of them hatched last night - What completely friendly little guys! They are so calm compared to my singleton button qauil (booger)
    I have one white and the rest I believe are jumbo browns and reds!

YAY for me! [​IMG]

2. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Congrats. [​IMG] I'm sure your really excited. [​IMG] cant wait for pictures.

3. pbjmaker

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Quote:But then I would have to get out my real camera instead of my phone [​IMG]

Actually I need to find out what color one is. I will use the real camera...

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  4. Tikkajazz94

Tikkajazz94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:But then I would have to get out my real camera instead of my phone [​IMG]

Congrats [​IMG]

5. willowbranchfarm

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop

Actually I need to find out what color one is. I will use the real camera...

Haha ok

6. pbjmaker

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    I am curious about the dark colored guy. Even his toes are black. He has a yellow stripe by each eye and some faint red stripes. I looked at quail chick pictures but didn't see any this dark and I forgot to see what the "code" was on his egg. I know the yellow one is "white" and the yellow/brown stipey ones are Jumbo Brown and the others are red. He is the remaining mystery.

[​IMG]

7. willowbranchfarm

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Omg there so cute. [​IMG]

8. Eyeheartquail

Eyeheartquail Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    Dark Range-Tibetan?

9. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    Quote:That would be my guess too!
    I told my son they remind me of a little old man with them eyebrows. lol!

What a cute picture!! Sweet babies!!! [​IMG]

10. pbjmaker

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    So I just put all but the two "weakest" in with the button quail for now (singleton named Booger who is a complete spaz). They are in their own little world and Booger continues to try and escape. [​IMG] I was hoping some company might chill him out a little. He is about 3 weeks old. I have buttons due later this week but have not candled them because the tiny eggs make me nervous. They spent longer than neccesary in the mail so we shall see in about 3 days what we have.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by