Hatched my first coturnix - I'm in love

pbjmaker

Crowing
11 Years
May 9, 2008
Central Iowa
I got some eggs a few weeks ago from Ftmeyersquaillady - or however you spell it
tongue.png
and 8 of them hatched last night - What completely friendly little guys! They are so calm compared to my singleton button qauil (booger)
I have one white and the rest I believe are jumbo browns and reds!

YAY for me!
wee.gif

Quote:
But then I would have to get out my real camera instead of my phone
wink.png

Actually I need to find out what color one is. I will use the real camera...

Last edited:
I am curious about the dark colored guy. Even his toes are black. He has a yellow stripe by each eye and some faint red stripes. I looked at quail chick pictures but didn't see any this dark and I forgot to see what the "code" was on his egg. I know the yellow one is "white" and the yellow/brown stipey ones are Jumbo Brown and the others are red. He is the remaining mystery.

coturnixquail002.jpg

So I just put all but the two "weakest" in with the button quail for now (singleton named Booger who is a complete spaz). They are in their own little world and Booger continues to try and escape.
hmm.png
I was hoping some company might chill him out a little. He is about 3 weeks old. I have buttons due later this week but have not candled them because the tiny eggs make me nervous. They spent longer than neccesary in the mail so we shall see in about 3 days what we have.

Back
Top Bottom