Hatched with wry neck?

MaryZoe

Songster
6 Years
Jun 26, 2016
Naples, FL
Do chicks sometimes hatch with wry neck? One of my little guys just hatched (from shipped eggs) and he’s still fully in the embryo-pose of his neck tucked under his wing. He’s almost fully dry and all his pals are fine, but he just lies there with his neck twisted back. Can he have hatched with wry neck? Other suggestions? Cull?
I can’t post pics yet b/c I don’t want to open the inc’y. It’s been too dry the while hatch, which I don’t think helped.

Do chicks sometimes hatch with wry neck? One of my little guys just hatched (from shipped eggs) and he’s still fully in the embryo-pose of his neck tucked under his wing. He’s almost fully dry and all his pals are fine, but he just lies there with his neck twisted back. Can he have hatched with wry neck? Other suggestions? Cull?
I can’t post pics yet b/c I don’t want to open the inc’y. It’s been too dry the while hatch, which I don’t think helped.
It is common with shipped eggs due to shipping stress and flock health\nutrition.

Treat with vitamins

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...-you-need-to-know-on-treating-wry-neck.72490/

Back
Top Bottom