Hatcheries in the South

jjdward

How bout them DAWGS!
10 Years
May 4, 2009
Buchanan, Georgia
I have noticed that most all of the major hatcheries are located in the mid west. I live in Georgia and I know that we grow a lot of meat chickens, but I just can't seem to find any hatcheries in the South much less Georgia!! Does anybody have any idea why? I know why?

Now don't get me wrong, I know there some breeders but I have yet to find any big hatcheries.

We live in South Carolina and have come to the same conclusion. I have had great luck ordering from the companies out of the midwest with very few dead chicks on arrival. The most robust order has come from Ideal Hatchery. I was VERY happy with the quality and how quick they arrived. Think it was one day.

Also from GA - I don't know of any hatcheries around either. Are you looking for a specific breed? I have had good luck from both Ideal and Privett Hatcheries.

I have also had good luck with Ideal. I was just wondering why, why with all the agriculture in the South, why there aren't more down here.

Welp Hatchery is a excellent hatchery.....I'm working on my third order from them in less than a year and no problems so far.

Back
Top Bottom