hatchers hatcherers..... who's expecting peeps on septembre 24th or so... :)

I have more pics to upload but weak internet now... hope they hatch out soon.... the zip goes really fast after the chick rests for few hours after the pip...

Ok, so 4 are out....11 have pipped, two or three will probably be out by morning :) this is addictive, I havent gotten hardly anything done today
lau.gif

lol americanmom totally agree. right here with you in that addiction tho it does becomes a great way to pass time. fingers still crossed you get them all out.

i just heard my bator cheep lol not expecting anything til tomorrow they mostly someone elses babies but the astralorps are mine. Just hope they dont make too much noise the in laws are here for the weekend but i like timing hatches when mother in law is here she can vent sex them all.

lol americanmom totally agree. right here with you in that addiction tho it does becomes a great way to pass time. fingers still crossed you get them all out.

Woke up at 6 and the three I had under the heat lamp were doing great, went to check on the two in the bator ( 1 more had hatched before I went to bed) and I had 5 more had hatched over night and while I was standing there in awe 1 more hatched out... Hubby and I quickly took out the empty shells and dry chicks, rearranged the remaining eggs and noticed 5 more that have pipped.... 20 made it to lockdown and I did that many hoping to get 10.... I'll never get tired of watching these little peeps push out of eggs, I'm so exited, even if 50% are hens I have just replaced my older hens come spring.... I'll get pics as soon as the commotion dies down and everyone is out and dry
big_smile.png

i just heard my bator cheep lol not expecting anything til tomorrow they mostly someone elses babies but the astralorps are mine. Just hope they dont make too much noise the in laws are here for the weekend but i like timing hatches when mother in law is here she can vent sex them all.

Thank goodness my MIL refuses to come stay with us... Of course she lives only a few miles away but she is 86 and a mess, her memory is slipping and she would have gotten up in the middle of the night and killed all the chicks because they were making too much noise

Lol.... that's tooooo exciting American mom.... hope u get many pullets... pics are a must.... hope all goes well... mine already went out with mom to the big garden to free range yesterday and today.... they spend all day foraging.... if with mom we let them out here because they grow bigger and stronger and faster that way with the guidance of mom and her care.... she will let them have a nap every few hours.... and she will totally KILL everything that passes nearby. ... from cats to people even to my poor pigeons.... today one of my pigeons flew nearby and she is so tame and the mom attacked her like a lion and took a big piece of the skin and blood went everywhere..... her neck is now almost with no skin.... I put betadine and sterilized the neck and all the first aid.... hope she gets better soon... she just flies for meters in the air to cath anything that flies around...... she's furious..... she thinks that the pigeons are like hawks or something.... she nearly got a cat's eye off today.... she's an excellent mother.... like if she lived in the wild.... she has a full instinct.... when she sees something suspicious she does a specific sound for the babies and then they hide under stuff and between stuff like a bullet and when it's clear she calls them back.... that's long but after she did that to my pigeon I wanted to tell you about her if anyone has heard of such ferocity or experienced it..... she is NOT a game breed but still jumps in the air like super man to attack... and she is so fast on the ground. ... huhhh... I think I have a tiger not a CHICKEN.... they say chickens are cowards.... huh...

Back
Top Bottom