hatchery chick without eyes

No way they can inspect every chick for shipping? I disagree. That is what they are in business for, to give the customer a quality product, which is whole & healthy chicks. If they're pushing their packers to be so hasty that they miss such an obvious defect then they need to hear about it & compensate fully. If their packers are getting careless and not doing their jobs correctly the company also needs to know about it.

The corporate heads also need to know that not only did they fail this customer by sending a defective product they are also causing a moral/emotional/physical dilemma for this animal lover & chicken keeper. This is different from having received defective inanimate merchandise that you can throw away and receive a new one. This customer, and her young son, now have a difficult dilemma, to cull & perhaps feel sad & guilty or keep it alive & have to deal with all the extra work involved. Plus, they're deprived of the benefit that healthy whole animal would have provided. They cannot send out just one chick to replace it, so this customer has to wait until a full order can be accomodated.

Of course I know that mistakes happen in this world, but I cannot excuse errors made in haste when just a little more care & attention could -- and very much should -- be given.

My friend just received chicks today from MM and one has no eyes. She is a banty cochin...I suggested she read this post for some good information. She said that the chick is drinking water, but not eating--does not know what to do.

Lisa

while my little no eyes ate and drinked...it passed away at 6 days...hope your friend's does better....I still could not have culled it...and would try again if I was so unlucky /

Poor thing...at least you tried! I'm not big on culling (ok, ive never done it and couldn't-would have to have someone else do it for me if one of my babies were in pain) cause honestly, if they were born "wild" nature would cull them eventually you know? So sorry for your loss...that was sweet of you though for trying!

Mama2B&D&...Chickens :

Poor thing...at least you tried! I'm not big on culling (ok, ive never done it and couldn't-would have to have someone else do it for me if one of my babies were in pain) cause honestly, if they were born "wild" nature would cull them eventually you know? So sorry for your loss...that was sweet of you though for trying!

3005.Thread_5F00_Necromancy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom