hatching 10/19 - 10/20 ????

Do your Phoenix tend to go broody? I have one pullet and a roo. I am hoping someone in my flock decides to go broody on me

I just got them this spring. I got them in April or so and they started laying late, around 27 weeks or so. This is the only one that has gone Broody. So I can't say they go broody a lot. I will say that when they do go broody they are determined. She sat on those golf balls for 2 weeks no matter what I did. I came in at all hours and threw her off the nest, I waterboarded her etc... nothing worked to break the broody.

So, I gave her an egg when I found she had been on it all afternoon already.

Laney​

I figured I'd give a quick update. We had another hatch early this morning, and we had to take the other two out of the incubator since they were getting hungry and thirsty.

Here's some of the pics of them in the temp brooder. We have a bigger brooder in the garage, but wanted to wait until all hatch out of what's left.

26177_the_new_flock_277.jpg

26177_the_new_flock_275.jpg

I'm still uploading pics, and trying to send out email, so more to come later.
smile.png

Bluemoon

Quote:
I just got them this spring. I got them in April or so and they started laying late, around 27 weeks or so. This is the only one that has gone Broody. So I can't say they go broody a lot. I will say that when they do go broody they are determined. She sat on those golf balls for 2 weeks no matter what I did. I came in at all hours and threw her off the nest, I waterboarded her etc... nothing worked to break the broody.

So, I gave her an egg when I found she had been on it all afternoon already.

Laney

Mine will be 18 weeks on Friday, no eggs yet (from any that age) but she started growing her comb and waddles and squatting about 2 weeks ago. Never figured she would be the 1st out of a batch that included BSL's, RIR's and leghorns
hmm.png
She is so tiny compared to the other girls except for the silver leghorn. It would be nice if she would hatch out some pure babies of her own
love.gif

Quote:
Awe
love.gif
Funny how the babies look like ee's and nothing like sex links except maybe the pattern on the back.

Those two are the EE/EE and the EE/RIR. The EE/Isa is still in the bator, and didn't want to disturb it with the camera LOL

Bluemoon

Back
Top Bottom