Hatching again!!

Hi Iain & Celtic,

We've got Embden cross Brown Chinese hatching- the ones on my profile pic. The Chinese Brown doesn't really have anything to do with the Chinese White :0(.

Well got up this morning, let the dogs out and went to check on the eggs,
wee.gif
4 were out of there shells and looking up at me
love.gif
We currently have 2 with pink bills and 2 with black bills, they look so much better than the last 2 that I had to assist the hatch.

Egg # 5 has now externally pipped and I can hear it so I'm hoping it makes it. When do you move them out of the bator into a brooding pen? the feathers are almost dry and fluffed up as I type.

one very happy Hatty

Congrats Hatty.

If you want the Chinese to pair you would have to house them seperately from the other geese.

I never move babies until all the eggs have hatched. No need to risk the late hatchers shrink wrapping.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
woot.gif

You don't need to move the babies until the last one hatches. Can't wait for pics!!!

Heres a picture of them all together, 6 eggs were put in the bator, 5 were fertile and 5 have hatched we've got to keep them going now ;0)

I'm so happy that egg #5 made it, it has completed our Jubilee weekend

The last one out is sat down towards the feeding bowl, the others are so fluffy but over the next few hours this one should be the same, its big.

Hatty x

Just a quick update all 5 have taken to eating and drinking so we have been very lucky so far. That first time round really was a learning curve, the one that lived 3 days must have had something wrong with it as non of these have been on their backs. Boo boo was on hers quite a bit :0(

I can't believe how quick they grow, they are very sweet tho.

When do you normally sex them?

I'll try and post a picture

Hatty

Back
Top Bottom