hatching around the 26th post UPDATES here

celebrate.gif

After a long 24 hours I have 10 hatched out of 13. 2 of the last three have pipped and # 13 is making noise. I can hear tapping in the shell so I may be 13 for 13 overnight. I am very happy already but it would be awesume to have a 100% hatch. I used the egg carton method and I am very pleased. The one egg I put on the floor of the bator is one of the last to hatch. It got rolled around a bunch and I really believe now, too much rolling around can cause problems or at least delay hatchings.

I have a gosling
wee.gif
and boy is it loud!!!!
The poor little thing has a bit of a rough navel though.

Still hovering over the bator waiting on the other three. As of right now two are pipped and one is rocking.

Ok, I know I am the only one still up, lol. I have 6 polish babies now and 1 silkie. I have 1 polish egg pipped, still see its beak moving. I have 1 silkie and 2 polish eggs no pips and no movement as I can tell. So it looks like probably 8 babies out of the 15 shipped eggs. I had 11 develop out of the 15 and if 8 hatch, I think I did pretty good. Hope everybody wakes to lots of chicks and pips.

big_smile.png
I have one pip!!!! Lots of peeping going on in there. I think they are discussing how long they should keep me in suspence!!
jumpy.gif
clap.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom