HATCHING begins TODAY! 6/29/10 page 4 update Silkie eggs

Where would one find Mary Brooks Robbins eggs, pictures of birds, etc.?

I just candled and there are close to 30 growing. Wooooot! I think it's 27, but the kids were talking to me as I was counting so I might be off by one or two. Not too bad from shipped eggs, but we'll see how many make it to lock down and hatch. The ones not thriving from Kathy mostly were just with blood rings and the ones from Glenn were clear mostly (the ones that weren't growing, that is).

Okay, candled again today to throw some out just in case. I have 25 left that are beautifully thriving.

You go girl!
woot.gif

Hahaha - I am so excited I am dancing around just like them! LOL - But at the same time I am thinking "What the heck am I gonna do with 27 Silkies?" - haha....Husband is in the backyard now constructing another coop -

Don't count them before they hatch.
wink.png
That's what I keep telling myself when I freak a little. I'll be happy with a handful so if more than that hatch, I'll be thrilled.

My hen "Poofy" has gone broody again.
smile.png
I forgot how many eggs she has this time but last time she hatched 7 out of 9!
jumpy.gif
Lost one the first day, kept one that my youngest daughter named "Yolkie", and sold 5. I'm looking forward to another batch of little cuties!
Who needs a bator when you've got a Silkie hen? LOL!
bun.gif

18 still going strong and about a handful of questionable. They definitely grew, but it appears that they died some time mid-incubation. Just a few more days until lock down!

Back
Top Bottom