Hatching Buddies needed soon!

L.L Farm

Chirping
9 Years
Aug 23, 2010
Maine
I am currently about to set 9 eggs from my Old English Bantams, then 24 B/B/S/Lav. Orp eggs tomorrow or the day after, to get put into the incubator on Thursday. The bantam eggs are from our own, and the Orp eggs are coming from a breeder.

What incubator are you guys using? I'm going with the Little Giant still air incubator for this hatch. Hopefully in the future I can afford to get a Brinsea. Used to have one and loved it
smile.png

My BLRW are suppose to be delivered on Monday. I will let them sit one day and then put it in on Tuesday. I am using my Hova Bator 1588 and love it. My last hatch was with a still air LG, I had a few problems. I think next time I would move the eggs around more. It was the first time I ever used a still air. I am working at putting a computer fan in it next time.
I am not sure how many eggs I will have yet.
idunno.gif
It said 24+ so I am anxious to get them and find out how many survived the USPS. I have orpingtons and love them, they are such great birds.
jumpy.gif

Good luck!
Denise

Same thing was for me, the auction said 24+. I hope the shipment won't be to hard on the eggs, there from Connecticut and coming to Maine. I love the BLRW! There so beautiful, those were actually choice #2 if I ended up not doing the Orps. The Little Giant i'm using, is brand new, i'm going to turn it on tomorrow and let it run until the eggs are ready. Hopefully the humidty and temp. won't go to crazy. I'm gonna try to turn the eggs 3 times a day by hand, I don't have the turner, gonna have to do this myself. What problems did you have with your LG?

Good luck to you to
J

So far out of the 30 eggs that Tony shipped me, 29 are developing!
wee.gif

From what i've heard about shipped eggs this is a very good development rate. I'm just hoping my LG will continue to keep a steady temp and the eggs will keep developing.

How are you coming along?

I just candled mine and had 3 blood rings and one with a crack I tried to repair is not developing. That gives me 22 eggs.
fl.gif
I noticed a small crack in one but it is developing so I left it.
I have blue and black orpingtons. They are so wonderful. They follow me around every where.
My LG was a still air and I had a few temperature spike, then the humidity was not equal so I had my first shrink wrap chicks. I'm sure you will have better luck.

Glad you have so many developing.
thumbsup.gif

Denise

Back
Top Bottom