Hatching Buddy wanted for Eggs in on August 5th & 6th

sequoiacyclist, yes they were shipped eggs. Bought off Ebay from "Gabbard Farms" becuz i didnt realize that i could get them from BYC members. were packaged very well and feedback was 100%. Checked them this morning and none of the others had piped yet
sad.png
Hopefully will have a couple more tonite when i get home
tongue.png

I have had 2 hatch today under the broody Orpington. One is a Welsummer and the other a White Orpington. The Welsummer is day 21 today and the White Orpington is day 20 (but shipped from Florida). I'll post pictures tonight after they've had plenty of time under mommy hen to dry off.

Another hatched today:clap and I see another
Rocking but hasn't piped yet
ya.gif

Awwwww another hatched n another has piped
ya.gif

Last edited:
Yay!
wee.gif
One hatched this afternoon and 4 more to go under the broody. Lockdown on the one in the bator today. Good Luck everyone!

SAD: My control egg pipped through a blood vessle. I saw the peeper last night. There was a little blood but it was chirping. I didn't help because, I knew with it already having hit a vessle I would do more damage trying to help. Anyways it passed sometime in the night. For the record it was one of my own eggs the rest are shipped eggs. As of this morning I have 2 white orpingtons and 2 wellsummers that have hatched (Shipped eggs).

still have only 3 hatched this morning. the one that pipped yesterday evening around 7 hasnt gotten much further....can see is beak now. think he will be ok? worried he's taking to long.
barnie.gif

two more dead baby chicks. One Welsummer, and one Orp. Both were shrink wrapped, yet had yolk sacks. Debating taking the rest of the eggs and putting them back in the bator with high humidity.

Just moved 2 white orp eggs to the bator. Looking a little shrink wrapped. Problem is its been close to 100 degrees here the last couple days are our humidity has been really low. Plus in the coop my hens seem to have been very hot too. I've brought the hens water to drink out of a dish but still I wouldn't doubt if they are not too dry. So anyways got some pips and zipping going on in the bator. Haven't intervened yet...hoping the 75% bator will be enough help.

Back
Top Bottom