Hatching Buddy wanted for Eggs in on August 5th & 6th

3 Pips this morning! They are my miracle babies! I was so convinced they were not going to hatch after I candled them and saw that their air cells were shot! I hope they all make it out. Come on chickies!
woot.gif

I just finished my first ever hatch. I set them August 6th. I started with 10, 2 were clear on the first candling, of the 8 remaining ALL 8 are out and look great! Pretty amazing since I didn't really know what I was doing, lol. First one broke it's shell last night around 6:00 pm, last one was just born. 8 Beautiful silkie babies!
Thanks to all for the great information on this site, wouldn't have been possible without it!

When I got home this evening the one that pipped 24 hrs ago had not made it any further.
Thought the lil guy had died so was removing him and heard him peep. So I helped him out of his shell n had a bad smell but unsure if it was just that one or the rest of the opened eggs inside! Is on his back n chirps but just can't get around! Place him on his stomach and flops back over on his back. After reading up I'm afraid he might have omphalitis...help? Another also was working:barnie out when I got home. Afraid to separate the two if that's what the other has! Don't want to infect the others n still have 3 eggs n the bator with them! Any advice?

Last edited:
Well all my babies were born today with the last one needing a little help. Looked like it had busted a blood vessel near his rump possible the umbilical cord and he was getting weaker so had to help him out and good thing I did. I put him under the mamma and she kept shoving him aside do I put him in the bator to warm him up and in a couple hours he was moving around good. Here a couple a cute pic of them and looks like a couple will look like her. Remember they were mixed with white silkie roo. I just tickled to get those colors. Now just waiting for the one in lockdown in the bator
fl.gif

MottleCochinmix2Medium.jpg

MottleCochinmix1Medium.jpg

MottleCochinmix3Medium.jpg

I finally have 1 chick so far! Eggs were set on Aug. 6 so I expected them yesterday but only one pip all day. Woke up this morning to one chick and 1 more pip. I hope the others follow quickly. There were 10 sizzle eggs all together.

sequoiacyclist, how did your chicks do? Anyone else? My last one in the bator is pipping tonight
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
Ended up with 6 chicks but just lost the last chick that hatched
hit.gif

Tried to save it since Friday. The last 3 that hatched were so much smaller than the first 3

Back
Top Bottom