Hatching/Caring for New Duck Eggs

I've heard horror stories about ducks being shrink wrapped in their shells because the incubators are being opened... ahhhh!!! I'm a worry wart! Maybe find a YouTube video or google? I would go into lockdown with humidity at like 70 now but again I have no idea what I'm doing lol

I'm going to be on google like no other! I've got no clue either! That sounds so scary! I will do my best to wait it out. I just want to make sure none of the others' pip on the bottom like this one did... ahh. I need to do more research!

I think that's the internal pip. This one broke the shell which I believe is the external pip. But I've been reading so much it all mixed like jello in my Brain.

We usually candle them at night. I went to do my midday flip and WE HAD A PIP!! I'm so excited! So now I don't know if I should start the lockdown today or tomorrow. Ahhh. The peeping is louder and there Ian a pip but only in one! Any suggestions? Should I still candle tonight, or start lockdown now? Yay!! Thank you!!
I think you should start lockdown, because when chicks hatch they could get hurt when you turn them. :thumbsup

I've heard horror stories about ducks being shrink wrapped in their shells because the incubators are being opened... ahhhh!!! I'm a worry wart! Maybe find a YouTube video or google? I would go into lockdown with humidity at like 70 now but again I have no idea what I'm doing lol
So... It is better to do lockdown before they pip, but if you have a heat lamp, try heating the area around the incubator so when you open it it is not too cold.

Back
Top Bottom