Hatching chicks and ducklings together?

When I put my chicks and ducks In the brooder do I need a separate one for chicks and a separate one from duck or can I keep them in together , and can they both have chick crumb or is there something like duck crumb for ducklings :lol:

When I put my chicks and ducks In the brooder do I need a separate one for chicks and a separate one from duck or can I keep them in together , and can they both have chick crumb or is there something like duck crumb for ducklings
lol.png

Thanks
smile.png

From what I have read here on the forums chicks tend to pick at the duck's do to the packing order.
I have feed my duckling's and chick's chick starter feed but changed it to Flock Raiser I have a bag of dumor chick starter grower as well
they are good for both.
I would recommend Flock Raiser for either or.

They
When I put my chicks and ducks In the brooder do I need a separate one for chicks and a separate one from duck or can I keep them in together , and can they both have chick crumb or is there something like duck crumb for ducklings :lol:
They can both have chick crumb, no duck crumb :) and I keep mine in seperate brooders and they do much better then when they were together, so I recommend doing that as well :)

Last edited:
Do they ever get stuck
hmm.png

My biggest hatch yet
big_smile.png

YES, they surely do, I'm soooo experienced on helping them out now, I have several people on here PMing me as well. even if they don't have calls. LOL. I have tried soooo many things on calls soo many ways to try and have them do it on there own. Some just can't. If I didn't intervene, I would not have as many as I have now..

When I put my chicks and ducks In the brooder do I need a separate one for chicks and a separate one from duck or can I keep them in together , and can they both have chick crumb or is there something like duck crumb for ducklings
lol.png

Thanks
smile.png

Feed them both NON medicated chick starter, Medicated is a little rough on ducks..

YES, they surely do, I'm soooo experienced on helping them out now, I have several people on here PMing me as well.  even if they don't have calls.  LOL.  I have tried soooo many things on calls soo many ways to try and have them do it on there own.  Some just can't.  If I didn't intervene, I would not have as many as I have now..

Ahah im gonna get a few after my hatch so if they get stuck could u help me

what kind of bator are you getting??

Its a 60 egg manual hexagon incubator,mwhat are ur thoughts on it, is it a good or model or .............

Feed them both NON medicated chick starter, Medicated is a little rough on ducks..

Ok would i get that on ebay ?

Back
Top Bottom