Hatching day 25 ( Second time lucky)

Jessica89

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 9, 2014
North Wales
Hi guys,

I tried hatching eggs just over a month ago and they all died before hatching. I was so upset but decided to give it another go.

It is day 25 now and I can already hear peeping!! I have turned auto turn off, filled both water reservoirs and taped up one vent.

Should I spray the eggs too or leave it? I am so scared they will die: ( :(

Ok so it is day 26 and I can still hear peeping coming from the egg but there is no external pip yet!

What should I do? :( Some advice would be really appreciated!

Take a deep breath! So happy your next batch is on it's way! I have my fingers crossed things will go better for you this time. :) You didn't have anything funny happen this time with the temps or anything, right? If not, there's no need to worry.

Sounds like everything is progressing normally, so just keep them in lockdown now and wait for those external pips. You don't need to spray them anymore after lockdown. It's true they should externally pip about 24 hours after internally pipping (hearing the peeping), but there's no need to worry just yet. The pips can be very very tiny little cracks that are hard to see from outside the incubator. Just give them more time and you should see some pips soon. Good luck!

Thank you so much for the reply!
I think I am a little paranoid after last time. No temperature spikes this time.. everything has been really smooth.
Heard chirping all day today.. I really hope they make it.
I will keep you updated.. Can't wait to meet the little cherubs. :D

Woke up this morning and we have a little arrival!!! Soooo adorable.
I can't hear any peeping from any of the other eggs though and my candler is broken.
What should I do? Should I move the duckling into the brooder or leave him in there for now?

eeee,so happy!!

Yay!!! Congrats!! :D

Leave the first one in for at least 12 hours to fully dry. If there are any others externally pipped I would even leave this first one for 24 hours in hopes it'll have a friend hatch before you take it out. They are ok to not have food or water for the first couple days after hatching because they have all that yolk they just absorbed to live off of. I don't like to leave mine in more than 24 hours after hatching though, but that's just me. I like to get them at least drinking after that. It's always best to move them with a friend though so they aren't alone. It all depends on how long it takes the others to hatch out.

Keep us updated! ^-^

Edit: Oh, and no candling needed now after lockdown! Keep that incubator closed as much as possible so you don't lose humidity. Open it only once a day very briefly to remove dry ducklings. Then spray the inside of the incubator down real quick with water and close it again to get the humidity back up faster. ;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom