1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

hatching duck eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by hatchcrazzzy, Dec 30, 2008.

1. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    i have ducks hatching in my bator on the first anyone elese hatching ducks or getting eggs

2. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    No my ducks are not allowed to hatch anything else until it warms up! One of my hens pulled a sneaky and hid 17 eggs on me, they hatched the first hard freeze we had. I had to take the unhatched ones away and put them in the rapidly heated bator to finish up. Lost 3 to freezing to death. Now I have one that wants to go broody and I keep taking her eggs and she's calling me nasty names in Runner Duck language. Good luck on yours, I love baby quacks!

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I have 13 cayuga eggs and 1 pekin egg in the bator, but they aren't due till the 10th and 12th. I also have some khaki duck eggs coming from PineBurrowPeeps, that should be here tomorrow or Friday. What kind do you have?

ETA: I have 2 week-old baby pekins in a brooder, boy do they stink! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  4. hatchcrazzzy

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    thank you i m hatching them in my bator and then i put them in the brooder until i sell them will post pics

5. hatchcrazzzy

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    im hatching mixed pekings

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by